Author Topic: Beer is good for you  (Read 11821 times)

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
Re: Beer is good for you
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2018, 04:01:56 PM »
The craft beers you can buy now at Ultra Liquors are amazing.  Makes even Windhoek Draft taste bland
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Katji

« Reply #76 on: September 28, 2018, 04:53:01 PM »
I still don't want anything other than CBC Pilsener. - Ultra Liquors. Unfortunately the local /nearby liqour store doesn't do it.

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2018, 06:25:06 AM »
Cans are actually much better at storing hoppy beers, like an IPA. Should be poured to drink though or you won't get any nose.

The brewmaster at Darling Brewery (in Darling) offers a 15 beer tasting.  He will also come around and show you how to pour the beer into a glass.   The idea is to reduce the gas, since you don't want to have to burp it all up

In the USA (Virginia Beach) with my friend, and all the Americans seem to drink out the bottle.  I asked for a glass and the bartender wanted to know why.  I told him it was because I was English and that is the way we do it over there.   He had no idea.   I thought their beer was awful

All beers should be poured. Per the Darling brewmaster - it's to reduce the amount of gas.

https://youtu.be/LFMFJLMI9jU

https://youtu.be/StMMa8uR2-0
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2018, 02:30:31 PM »
Good beers yeah. For light commercial lagers it's not that critical, they don't have much of a nose and the fizz gives a lot of the taste sensation.

Corona for example is specially brewed to be drunk out the bottle.
Importing made easy!

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2018, 03:19:47 PM »
I don't drink light - I'm fortunate not to have to be concerned about my weight!  :ROFLMAO:

Nonetheless - try a lager, crikey you could even try a Castle  :puke: & it will taste better after being poured.

I have an Erdinger 500ml glass like in the one video I posted as well as a Ritzenhoff glass with a Nick Diggory design. I only ever drink out of glass when at home.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline pwatts

« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2018, 11:23:21 PM »
My current go-to is Stellenbrau's Jonkers Weiss. Other than that, CBC Amber Weiss gets the nod.