Foobar 2000 - quick and easy skin

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1447

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
okay so Foobar 2000 is a pretty ordinary looking computer program so i found this tutorial that makes skinning it a pretty simple job and it explains a lot of techniques you can use when migrating over to some nifty neat skins ie whatever you learn here you can apply to the more advanced skins and use a bit of common sense so you can actually eventually land up with a good looking version of Foobar that you can customize to your hearts content

firstly what you need to do is to browse to this website here and view the videos that this guy has posted ..... there are three video and the first one entails getting started then the second one moves on to file operations and then the third one shows you how to connect your ipod and and import playlists etc and also how to tag using Foobar

heres the link to the guys website :

https://teksyndicate.com/videos/foobar2000-theming-organization-file-operations-etc

what i did to make life easy since you may need to watch these videos more than once is to use a youtube downloader to download these videos to my computer for easy access and reference purposes

now in the first video what he does is to show you how to install Foobar while doing a lot of the manual theming and adjusting and adding components as you install so watch the first video and download the components that he says you need - there are three ..... but if you dont have an ipod then dont bother with the ipod component - just get the lyrics one and the facets one (either way it doesnt harm to still get the ipod one anyway cos its just a small file download  ;) )

he shows you how to go from the standard vanilla foobar configuration that looks something like this

foobar%20skin%20std_zpsxnn2kn7w.jpg

to something like this ..... note i have played around with the colors to make it look a wee bit different to his from the video

foobar%20skin%203_zpsh24q6pyb.jpg