Leak Stereo 20 restoration/mods

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

afroaudio

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi gents,

I know there are a few of these amps around and no doubt some have been restored also by some of you fine folk.

Now that I have one on the table (in not too fantastic state) I would like to know from those more knowledgeable what the best route to take is for component replacement/upgrades and any mods if any that might be advised.

My approach so far with these projects has been to keep all values the same as far as passive components go.  Are there any components that would benefit from upgrade? I have also read that a small power supply choke transformer can be added to help smooth out PS ripple, not sure if anyone has tried?

Then there is the matter of the amps apparently very sensitive input stage.. who has done what here? Attenuated interconnects? Passive pre amp? or switching ECC83 for ECC81 or 5751 valves?

Lastly for the big "can" electrolytic capacitors, can anyone suggest good replacements that fit?

Latest posts