Time to sort my room out

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abu

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
After seeing what pappa is getting up to, it kind of reminded me that I've left my room in a half usable condition. It was cool in the beginning but I haven't used it for a bit now and I think it's because I don't like the way it sounds.

For those not in the know it is a small dedicated 3m x 4m HT room with a projector that gives me 2800 x 1575 16:9 image. At those dimensions it practically fills the entire wall.

This is my FR.. which is not too bad
27.%20MountedFullNoSmooth.jpg

But my decay time is waaaaaaay too high at 1.8 seconds
28.%20waterfall%20-%201.8seconds.jpg

Being a cave, furniture wise there a literally only 2 couches in the room and a rug on the floor.. nothing else other than speakers. My limited research suggests that I need to get some absorbers in at the 1st reflection points and being that it's a small area, 100mm of the heavier density stuff seems needed (seeing as I don't have the room for 300mm of fluffy pink stuff... right?).

I'm also loathe for triangular chunk traps in the front corners as I REALLY don't want to loose any PJ screen real estate. Did I mention I love my big screen  ^-^