On a lighter happier note, I want some radical toasted Sammy recipes! share them

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Swindlehurstguy

Okay, winter is coming, for all the non-health fanatic types! Sunday evening sounds like a great time to have a mug of home made oxtail soup or a toasted sandwich. I found this one and tried it out! You will need (saffron) in brackets cause it's difficult to find and makes it even more expensive.
Bread/white or brown
Prawns  (deshelled and deveined) can buy me at woolies as described
unsalted butter
1 Lemon
1 Cucumber
1 tub of your fave mayonnaise
Small tub fresh basil
1 red jalape?o chilli
1 ripe avo
some parsley
righty, now you chop up the prawns finely with one of chipwelders knives, same to the avo and the cucumber and parsley (parsley can overwhelm subtle flavored, so add just a bit) . The chilli must be sliced in half and seeds removed, then cut it up very, very finely. The Lemon must be grated to give you some rind.
Now, slap everything together, NOT the bread! Add Mayo and you have the filling. If you do not have a toaster, you can use a pan. slice the bread, depending on whether this is a meal or snack you can get unsliced bread and cut lengthways. butter the bread on the OUTSide and add the filling! Before toasting put 3 or 4 basil leaves on each topping, close up the two slices of bread and place this into the pan or toaster and cook till gold. Allow to cool and then you know what to do. Any of the ingredients can be customized to suit your tastes. Excepting for the prawns, any one ingredient can ruin this toasted Sandwich but recommend that you add extra of whatever you happen to like, if you like hot add extra chilli and so forth. Enjoy, they are rich

Latest posts