Author Topic: Trader's fair  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Phase

Trader's fair
« on: March 31, 2015, 04:00:40 AM »
I think taking away the reply option Killed this section (Death row). So what if traders posted in other traders, switch the lights on and let's have some ACTION.

Offline Rodney_gold

Re: Trader's fair
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 08:36:30 AM »
I also think comments should be enabled.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+43)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 09:23:46 AM »
With traders (disclosed or not) now being allowed to post in classifieds imo traders fair is obsolete.

Unless they can be made stickies for say 7 days or whatever your post/advert falls off the recent post list so fast it's a waste of time without bumps.

Hence some traders refused to use it.
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:15:33 PM »
Traders are not allowed to post new items in classifieds, the posts get moved to Traders.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 03:34:38 PM »
So what if traders posted in other traders, switch the lights on and let's have some ACTION.

Trades can already post in other traders... The reply button is only blocked if you are not a trader.  So, sorry Phase... Your call for ACTION may not materialize - we're a civilized bunch  ;)

I also agree that it should be opened for comment.  Especially as Traders/OP also have the means to lock their own threads if they so wish.

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 03:50:40 PM »
With traders (disclosed or not) now being allowed to post in classifieds imo traders fair is obsolete.

Unless they can be made stickies for say 7 days or whatever your post/advert falls off the recent post list so fast it's a waste of time without bumps.

Hence some traders refused to use it.

Yip... I've also seen a trend. 

A while back I asked the Mods where the best place would be to load info of product launches (not sales, not prices, just press releases)   I was told strictly in the traders fair. Hence I didn't bother for the reasons you mentioned. I've seen plenty posts and actual threads since that were much more blatant in punting products and actual businesses in the general sections. Maybe then "When in Rome...?"

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 07:26:03 PM »
On the 23 June 2014 I requested that forum members have access to question Traders about their product.This was ignored.So be it.

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,34986.30.html

For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline Timber_MG

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 07:38:43 PM »
Placebo, it is hard to set up the forum software for just that case.

Offline placebo

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 08:14:19 PM »
Placebo, it is hard to set up the forum software for just that case.
It is not just I who is asking for access to the Traders section judging by the comments above.Thank goodness I have G and Schalk on speed dial.Others are not so lucky.Although I do not purchase from Traders often it would be helpful if we could just ask questions via the forum.My  :2c: worth.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:41 PM »
We really have our hands full dealing with the Classifieds. Opening Traders to one & all will be sheer murder to control because of some people who are unable to control themselves, including certain Commercial members who have been refusing to obey simple preset rules as well, and then getting offensive when requested by us to comply. Trader's Fair and Classifieds are a vibrant part of the forum but they also require a great deal of monitoring. Difficult to believe, but the admins and mods do actually have other priorities instead of playing policeman.

We will however discuss this amongst the Mods and see what the general feeling is but don't hold your breath.

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Skylark

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 09:11:29 PM »
I agree, many times I have seen something interesting in the traders section and often I'd like to ask a quick question about an offer but I normally end up leaving it because the only way is via pm.
Music is in the Mind

Offline placebo

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 07:09:31 AM »
I agree, many times I have seen something interesting in the traders section and often I'd like to ask a quick question about an offer but I normally end up leaving it because the only way is via pm.
I see that one forum moderator agees with me. :Whoohoo:

Offline Ju_dy@RT

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 08:14:53 AM »
 :ROFLMAO:...

Now go forth and "be the change you want to see in the world AVFORMS"

Offline Skylark

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 03:14:30 PM »
What do I do to effect this change?
Looks like its Admin that steers that ship, I just swab down the decks and tinker in the engine room.
Music is in the Mind

Offline placebo

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 04:11:48 PM »
What do I do to effect this change?
Looks like its Admin that steers that ship, I just swab down the decks and tinker in the engine room.
You opened yourself to this.But do not worry all is in jest.However now all of us know why you became a mod.You can now post in the "Traders section"Bribery and corruption I call it.Where is Thuli?