New Cables

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

R.I.P.
Reaction score
I can just imagine what is going to happen to this topic, but I have to share my experience anyway.

A few weeks ago I bought some DNM speaker cables and terminated those with the Pure AV Bananas I got from Mervin. Changing the thick Audiopipe speaker cables I used with the DNMs made a difference, but it was very subtle - slightly clearer highs and a bit tighter bass.

This weekend I bought to sets of stereo DNM interconnects with Eichmann bullet termination and connected that between my Gerdac and Nuforce P8 as well as between the P8 and the Flying Mole Monoblocs. Previously I had an Anti IC between the DAC and Pre and DIY RG11-based ICs between the Pre and Monoblocs.

After using the DNM ICs for two days, I feel it was a worthwhile expenditure in my setup as it seems as if a veil was lifted from the highs on some recordings which previously tended to sound a veiled and at the same time some "screeching" which I have experienced on other recordings have been smoothed. Mids are great and bass reproduction(for my taste) is even better than before.

Now do I believe that cables makes a difference? Off course I do! The subjectivity comes in whether it is an improvement or not - payed money for it, so it has to be an improvement  ;D