Wonderful ad...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rodney_gold

R.I.P. 5 June 2018
Reaction score
http://www.gumtree.co.za/a-turntables/durbanville/connoisseur-bd2-manual-belt-drive-turntable-with-sau2-tone-arm-for-sale/1001249334530910011586309

You have recently started looking at the vinyl in your favourite Cape Town coffee shop ? mainly because the grumpy barista only grunts when you try to have a conversation with him. You have a beard (probably not of you are a girl). You smoke a pipe (even if you are a girl). You write with a fountain pen in your Moleskine diary. Derick Watts and the Sunday Blues have not (yet?) touched your topknot. And you think those LPs are kinda cool - probably sound great, too, if only you had a record player. A beautiful one. But not too expensive - blogging does not pay that well (well, for some of us).

And I have one for you.

This fully restored and serviced Connoisseur was made in Yorkshire about 55 years ago, but is still in excellent physical and cosmetic condition. It looks good, and sounds good. The arm has been fully rewired, starting at the head shell leads, and a brand new AT91 cartridge and stylus have been fitted. Everything works, as it should.

But:

This is a quirky little table. If you do not start it in the correct way, it may spin backwards. In short, to use this device you need to be a trained operator (I will throw the training in for free, as well as a free annual service of this turntable for as long as the original purchaser owns it (stylus replacements excluded, but belt replacements included).

This turntable sounds very good, but don't take my word for it - bring your favourite LP record, and come and give it a listen! Please see the pictures, taken today, for the actual condition of this record player. I also trade in old, and even broken, turntables

Latest posts