Audio and Video Talk > Acoustics and Room treatment

Bass traps and other gadgets: where?

(1/4) > >>

LAV:
The RXV-1900 / room thread triggered me: Anyone in SA that builds room correction devices / traps / panels?

DRNB:

--- Quote from: LAV on February 02, 2010, 12:54:24 PM ---The RXV-1900 / room thread triggered me: Anyone in SA that builds room correction devices / traps / panels?

--- End quote ---

Here: http://www.acousticpanels.co.za/

Myself and some other people on the forum might be able to assist as well. There are many web pages you can get info on, te best probably Ethan Winters web site realtraps.com
Few things to concider.
1) Get bass traps. If you have a problem frequency a tuned trap might even be the answer, but if your room is small you may use wideband traps in the corners.
2) Put mid/high absorbsion at your first reflection points.
3) If you are close to the rear wall you need absorbsion there as well, but if you are far away rather use deflection panels.
4) Do not over treat your room with absorbers.

end of story  ;D

windshear:
It depends on what you are trying to achieve. You would not follow treat the room the same for Stereo as you would for Home theatre.

LAV:
Thanks guys

It is the "traditional" rectangular room with a plain ceiling. Room is rather long and wide, typical open-plan lounge/dining room in a townhouse. I'd say around 7.5m long x 5.5m wide, although of course I don't use the entire length as a lounge. Floor is ceramic tile. HF seems to be OK / controlled / not overly bright. LF is a problem, quite boomy and sometimes overwhelming.

Both time and woodworking skills are problems, so DIY not ideal unless I can have units made.  :(

Vaughan:
If you want a decent solution you can try this site : www.readyacoustics.com. If you search the 'diysection' on the site, you'll see that they sell acoustic bags. Essentially, you put fiberglass into the bags, zip it up and you have a fully realized acoustic 'broad band' absorber. Pretty simple. I bought 6 of these bags, made of suede so they look great. All you need is to buy the fiberglass boards which can be done locally.

Regards,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version