I too wanna Vinyl!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dotVIBE

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Okay guys,

It's that time again, I need a project. So, with all the vinyl madness going on, I feel like jumping on the bandwagon. Only, I'm gonna have to do it on the cheap. I also want to do something that will keep me busy for a while. For that, I'm thinking about buying a basic 2nd hand Ttable and then start fixing & upgrading it. Motor, arm, platter etc.

For this i need to start somewhere. I'm looking for a low cost deck, but something solid that is easily upgradable & tweakable. I've been doing a little reading, and it has just confused me more than anything else. I guess I'm looking for something like a Rega P3, or a manual Thorens or NAD or something. Hopefully something that needs some work, so I can get it cheap.

Anyway, I'd love some help on knowing what to buy. I must say I do prefer the look of the newer tables, you know, like the Rega's P1 through 5, and the Pro-ject debut III & so on. Though anything that I can make mostly matt black without all those old style buttons would be awesome.

Right, ive looked around here, but am struggling to know what is a good buy and what isn't. I've also checked ebay & Audiogon, but there I have the same problem, and getting a motor drive that runs on 110v and having to replace it would just make things more expensive.

Anyway. I'm open for advice. Budget is a maximum R2k. help a brother out  ;)

Latest posts