Author Topic: Load shedding updates  (Read 16425 times)

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Load shedding updates
« on: February 03, 2015, 07:32:53 AM »
Decided to make a sticky as the multitude of threads get lost amongst themselves

Stage 1 starting today  :facepalm:

http://www.fin24.com/Economy/Eskom-to-implement-Stage-1-load-shedding-20150203
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline 2wice

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Load shedding updates
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 09:15:42 AM »
PTA have changed their load shedding grouping on the website.
I suspect there is a hob knob ANC cadre living nearby because our schedule is very favorable. The change works in my favour, got a big presentation tomorrow that won't work in analog.
Trenton Carr
Montana Park
Pretoria

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 09:38:02 AM »
Cape Town has also implemented a new load shedding time table from 1 Feb. Even's things out a bit
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 09:41:42 AM »
JHB City Power usually shows a message saying that there's NO load shedding, but you get turned off anyway. Sometimes the schedules are kept, other times not. Complete pot luck.  :cr@p:
Don't judge me for being quiet - no one plans a murder aloud.

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
Beavis and Butthead have suspended load shedding  :facepalm:

http://www.fin24.com/Economy/LIVE-Eskom-starts-load-shedding-20150203

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • AVForums Veteran

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 09:01:55 AM »
Back on from 10 am today.

Online chrisc

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • “Without music, life would be a mistake.”
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 09:15:36 AM »
Good excuse to go and have a meal out, there are hundreds of restaurants I haven't visited

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2015, 02:48:28 PM »
And now we are on stage 2 of load shedding.My trip home could be horific.Traffic lights out.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2015, 02:51:38 PM »
This is up and down like a whore's drawers  :ticked:

Could be suspended by this evening

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2015, 03:23:09 PM »
And now we are on stage 2 of load shedding.My trip home could be horific.Traffic lights out.
From the pub around the corner? :o
Audiophile: There is almost no other group that prides themselves more on wasting good money on utterly worthless ****, and then trying to furiously blow smoke up their own ass to justify it.

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • AVForums Veteran

Offline placebo

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »
From the pub around the corner? :o
Nah I do not drink after work until I arrive at the pub  in my area.Only 1.8 km from home.I took the motorway  due to load shedding.Total nightmare.How the hell do you come to a dead halt on a motorway.Happened about 10 times.Horrible trip out.Anyway now Eksdom wants to recover it's costs by upping electricity costs from those customers that pay.Soweto owes a fortune and there are illegal connections all over the place.Certain municipalities also owe a fortune.My request is that unless Eksdom starts to recover  payments from the non payers we the payers should also stop paying.Please note my electricity supply is direct from Eksdom.Payment is on debit order but now I am starting to get pi**ed off by the non recovery of debt by the non-payers.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 08:36:10 AM »
Nah I do not drink after work until I arrive at the pub  in my area.Only 1.8 km from home.I took the motorway  due to load shedding.Total nightmare.How the hell do you come to a dead halt on a motorway.Happened about 10 times.Horrible trip out.Anyway now Eksdom wants to recover it's costs by upping electricity costs from those customers that pay.Soweto owes a fortune and there are illegal connections all over the place.Certain municipalities also owe a fortune.My request is that unless Eksdom starts to recover  payments from the non payers we the payers should also stop paying.Please note my electricity supply is direct from Eksdom.Payment is on debit order but now I am starting to get pi**ed off by the non recovery of debt by the non-payers.

Yeah, would be nice if those losses could be recouperated, but those are a large section of the 62% that voted for what we have now, so it's never going to happen. The rest of us are just expected to keep on coughing up regardless. I hear this morning we're already on Stage 2 and it's likely to last until 11pm tonight.

Offline placebo

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 06:15:50 PM »