Author Topic: getting items from overseas, via PostBox-Courier.com  (Read 27770 times)

Offline 2wice

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: getting items from overseas, via PostBox-Courier.com
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2017, 09:21:53 AM »
I had one issue from the UK with a higher value where customs would not accept a screen grab of the order and payment but required a formal supplier invoice. The vendor would not give me one because they stated that they were under the impression the parcel was a local sale and not for export. I also think I could have saved some ús on the  UK vat if they knew it was for export.

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
getting items from overseas, via PostBox-Courier.com
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2017, 09:59:34 AM »
Many requirements for exporting sans vat and if not complied with the vendor remains liable.  So unless they do shipping they are likely to not be keen.

China has a habit of under invoicing. It makes their lives simpler.  Hence the payment vs invoice comparison. 

That said as a business (not sure as individual) you have to be able to show a SA customs entry import with a value in line with the pre payment forex sent abroad as part of reserve bank requirements.   

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Darrell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • Cruising in the Stratosphere ......
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 07:47:38 AM »
looks good, worth a try :)

Offline BobsYourUncle

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2017, 08:15:15 AM »
Many requirements for exporting sans vat and if not complied with the vendor remains liable.  So unless they do shipping they are likely to not be keen.

China has a habit of under invoicing. It makes their lives simpler.  Hence the payment vs invoice comparison. 

That said as a business (not sure as individual) you have to be able to show a SA customs entry import with a value in line with the pre payment forex sent abroad as part of reserve bank requirements.   

[Anyone who thinks that wealth is measured in money is blind and narrow minded.  Wealth is obviously measured in turntables and records.]

The last few times receiving an item from dx.com Ive had to go the SAPO customs with an invoice - I get there and see the item was marked as"gift"and the value at 2$ when it was a 50$ purchase.
A year before when I lived in Durban , the same item was sent to the post office branch and I had to collect and didn't pay a cent because it was marked as gift 2$ , I tried to tell them that duties are probably payable i=on this as its not 2$ and not a gift, they weren't really phased. So maybe it depends where in the country you have it sent to,
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 08:19:45 AM by BobsYourUncle »
Kempton Park, Estrand,GP