Author Topic: DAC/Preamp with simultaneous xlr and rca output  (Read 4039 times)

Offline kamikazi

Re: DAC/Preamp with simultaneous xlr and rca output
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 10:22:18 AM »
The strong dollar is a problem everywhere. You can see of chatter about it everywhere, even the Aussies are whining. King Wa will save you a couple of bucks on duties, because I think they mark down the value at cost price. One advantage of the NFB-28 would also be that you can fix the volume at a specific level. That will help you manage the gain levels with your AVR.

Of course Rodney also made an excellent suggestion, you could add a cheap ADC, hook up your AVR to that and use an additional input on any DAC to do the same thing.

Offline juventino

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 12:15:39 PM »
Hi Juventino
It's not a soundcard.
It's a mastering software program called Izotope – Ozone 6, which works with  Protools, Qbase etc.
It has a very powerful EQ and dynamics and also  simulates the effects of tubes/ reel to reel compression etc (whatever you want really)

Sounds interesting have an integrated arriving soon and would like to get a DAC that would go with it.
Will do some reading.
Thanks
Time to get back to when I enjoyed listening......no more upgrading, more of a headache than a pleasure

Offline Swindlehurstguy

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 02:22:54 PM »
I have been saying all along that the Auralic Vega is the way to go, yes $3500 BUT look at what it does!!!!