Author Topic: tv series  (Read 148373 times)

Offline mr green

Re: tv series
« Reply #1005 on: July 30, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »
Bad Blood very good.

Offline mr green

« Reply #1006 on: August 17, 2019, 01:29:32 PM »
 Warrior is very good ,It is based on an original concept by Bruce Lee. Also L.A.'s Finest is quit good. It is an offshoot of the Bad Boys film franchise.

Offline dieOrg

« Reply #1007 on: August 17, 2019, 01:51:29 PM »
Warrior is very good ,It is based on an original concept by Bruce Lee. Also L.A.'s Finest is quit good. It is an offshoot of the Bad Boys film franchise.
Also enjoying Warrior. Political intrique around every turn. Good fighting scenes and enjoying the sound.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Offline Des Miles

« Reply #1008 on: October 19, 2019, 02:59:10 PM »

For the ScFi enthusiasts "War of the worlds 2019". New adaptation of H.G. Wells famous story. 
I saw Sputnik, well... actually the booster rocket that went into orbit with it!!

Offline ron g

« Reply #1009 on: October 19, 2019, 08:04:36 PM »

started watching psychobitches today - episodes 1 & 2 of series 2.

funniest series i have seen in ages - sheer brilliance.   :BWAHAHAH: :Whoohoo: :Whoohoo:
& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline macca

« Reply #1010 on: December 14, 2019, 10:45:39 AM »
Vikings
6 underground
Life (second time around. Love this show)
Altered Carbon

...and canít wait for Witcher (one week to go)

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+97)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #1011 on: December 21, 2019, 12:41:25 AM »
For all mankind - 10/10. Not to be missed!

"For All Mankind is an American science fiction web television series created and written by Ronald D. Moore..."
... who also wrote the entire Battlestar Galactica, many of Star Trek episodes, Roswell, Carnivale, Outlander...

Sent from my FIG-LA1 using Tapatalk

The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when youíve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline oradba69

« Reply #1012 on: December 21, 2019, 05:45:11 AM »
Enjoyed The Morning show.
Watching Season 3 of The Crown. Excellently done.
On Season 7 of Ray Donovan and still like it.
Also cant get enough of The marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
Manufacturer of Audio Video furniture.
http://www.lerange.com

Offline jvr

« Reply #1013 on: January 26, 2020, 05:07:19 PM »
just watched 1st episode of catch 22.
looks like it will be a pretty good series.
I've only started with this quite recently and it is really quite good. I am hooked, it is far better than some of the other more recent offerings.
Lend me your ears

Offline Mopy_ZA

« Reply #1014 on: March 01, 2020, 08:57:58 AM »
Hi all, watching the remastered HD Blu-Ray collection of the 70s TV series The Six Million Dollar Man (Renamed  "Die Man van Staal" here in SA). Lee Majors played the lead role of cyborg Steve Austin. The series was a huge hit here in SA, and most kids wanted to be Steve Austin  :). (The series was also a big hit in Germany and this Blu-ray set is only available from Germany). I heard about this release when Lee Majors himself posted online saying the definitive set was finally released, and fans should pick it up. There is awesome booklet and episode guide but all in German.

PS. The SABC dubbed the voices into Afrikaans, but broadcast the original English track via audio simulcast on the radio. Recording to VHS was an interesting exercise. Eventually bought a fancy VC that had simulcast button where it would use the audio input instead of the TV audo when recording to cassette.

PPS. One or two of the episodes cross over into the "Bionic Woman" series,  so it's worthwhile picking that set up as well.

Offline Coenoes

« Reply #1015 on: March 01, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »
Thats cool. Whenever I need to sign a register like going through a boomed gate I  always write my name as Steve Austin.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Offline Mopy_ZA

« Reply #1016 on: March 01, 2020, 01:03:22 PM »
Thats cool. Whenever I need to sign a register like going through a boomed gate I  always write my name as Steve Austin.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Tapatalk

Offline Trompie67

« Reply #1017 on: March 01, 2020, 01:27:35 PM »

Good one. I am usually Fred F*cknuckle. Except these days they mostly scan car disc and your license, so it's pretty pointless writing a fun name.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+97)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #1018 on: March 01, 2020, 09:03:45 PM »
Altered Carbon Season 2. Huh! Excellent.

Has anyone watched the SA spy/action Netflix series Queen Sono?
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when youíve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline Mopy_ZA

« Reply #1019 on: March 02, 2020, 11:18:19 PM »
I highly recommend the series  Red Oaks via Amazon Prime. Story revovles around a young tennis pro at an upper class country club, set in the 1980's

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Oaks