Author Topic: tv series  (Read 96436 times)

Offline Larry

Re: tv series
« Reply #825 on: May 03, 2018, 08:03:15 AM »
Watched Lost in Space on Netflix.

While its not exactly going to win any awards, it was watchable enough and passed the time.

Enjoyable enough, if you take it for what it is.  Light Sci-Fi aimed at a family audience.

Offline 2wice

« Reply #826 on: May 11, 2018, 04:14:10 PM »
Happy
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2452242/

Starts off a bit clunky, but the intro scene is a good pointer to what's up ahead.
Really gets going by E3.
Well worth the time and the premise is good.

Online ron g

« Reply #827 on: May 11, 2018, 04:49:29 PM »
Happy
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt2452242/
Starts off a bit clunky, but the intro scene is a good pointer to what's up ahead.
Really gets going by E3.
Well worth the time and the premise is good.

agreed. i thought it was really good.

probably the highlight series for me in  a long time now has been norsemen.
the most common description seems to be that it is a mix of game of thrones & monty python. probably an accurate description.

if you like dark, intelligent & absurd comedy which is very, very funny you really should watch it. one of the best which i have seen since fargo. and kind of similar to fargo as well.
well executed as well. good production values, to the extent that it was filmed in both norwegian & english so that there would be no need for dubbing.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5905354/?ref_=nv_sr_1
is it just me or have bitcoin people gone a bitquiet because its a bitdown? #bitter

Offline mr green

« Reply #828 on: May 11, 2018, 08:14:03 PM »
Requiem is a six-part British television drama, very good.

Offline mr green

« Reply #829 on: May 16, 2018, 03:55:26 PM »
Cobra Kai based on the karate kid series of movies.

Offline ScottulusMaximus

« Reply #830 on: May 16, 2018, 04:00:18 PM »
Really enjoying season 2 of Westworld, the deliberate confusion of the timelines seems to have stopped which I'm glad for, trying to keep that up would have been a mess.

OR the deliberate confusion of timelines has gotten so good I haven't noticed....
Importing made easy!

Offline jvr

« Reply #831 on: July 06, 2018, 03:41:31 PM »
^ Westworld was brilliant, as usual.

I have also been following Mr. Mercedes. A bit weird (especially the relationship between the villain and his mother), but as far as I can tell pretty true to the book (of which I only read the first part). The sound mixing and the music make it worthwhile.
Lend me your ears

Offline Larry

« Reply #832 on: July 06, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »
Iíve recently watched American Gods on Amazon Prime.

Loved its over the top cinematography and brilliant soundtrack/effects.  I read and enjoyed the book 10 or 15 years ago, but this takes it to a new level.

Violent and bloody, but excellent if youíre up for it.

Offline vleisman

« Reply #833 on: July 06, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
Sneaky Pete  :thumbs:

Offline classcutup

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Junior Member
  • I like to move it move it
« Reply #834 on: July 08, 2018, 01:24:16 PM »
Naked and Afraid XL

Offline jvr

« Reply #835 on: July 26, 2018, 10:56:42 AM »
I have just started with C.B. Strike, a British PI whodunnit series based on the J. K. Rowling books. Nice to watch some non-American stuff for a change. From what I have seen and heard (SQ is quite good), I like.
Lend me your ears

Offline Abu

« Reply #836 on: July 26, 2018, 11:54:12 AM »
I got hooked on a proper space series called The Expanse. Season 3 recently finished in the states but I binge watched S1 and S2 every free minute I had. I see it was mentioned some time ago in this thread so here's a bump for newcomers.  :2thumbs:

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #837 on: July 26, 2018, 12:04:12 PM »
I have just started with C.B. Strike, a British PI whodunnit series based on the J. K. Rowling books. Nice to watch some non-American stuff for a change. From what I have seen and heard (SQ is quite good), I like.

And yet I watched about 2 minutes of it and gave it up as a second-rate series with people speaking "funny"...  :giggle:

Guess I am brainwashed with all the CSI/NCIS stuff I tend to enjoy!

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline naughty

« Reply #838 on: July 27, 2018, 02:50:14 AM »
And yet I watched about 2 minutes of it and gave it up as a second-rate series with people speaking "funny"...  :giggle:

Guess I am brainwashed with all the CSI/NCIS stuff I tend to enjoy!

-F_D

CB Strike is actually good IMHO because it actually has a storyline with some comparative substance, as compared to the relative "lack of any substance just to get entertained" that you get from the typical American fodder

also while CSI is about crime NCIS is just basically anti muslim American propaganda and while i watch it i dont really agree with the message it intends to convey (while im not muslim but i know many people who are muslim and they are not terrorists or extremists so this NCIS stuff really goes over the top IMHO) and personally i think that entertainment stuff should steer away from religion and ethnicity .... but thats just my opinion

Offline qwerty

« Reply #839 on: July 30, 2018, 11:05:13 AM »
I'm enjoying Silver Spoon on Netflix. Good Russian cop series with subtitels