Author Topic: tv series  (Read 33553 times)

Offline scrarfussi

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Quantum In Me Fuit
Re: tv series
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2015, 05:26:29 PM »
i found Raising Hope  pretty good .
i am loving Marco Polo wanna get the soundtrack
suum cuique pulchrum est

"I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

Offline entropyagent

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Too Old to Rock 'n' Roll: Too Young to Die!
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2015, 12:14:57 PM »
I enjoyed Lie To Me.

Sometimes, when kind people ask me what I do with my free time, I say "Mostly, I sit in a darkened room and look at the wall". For some reason, most of them think I'm kidding.

Offline Peter Carpenter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »
Compliments on a vast selection Scarafusi, importantly noted is no mention of Fargo, bound to appear in coming months on 102
will record the series for watching again.

Offline jvr

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Upset the apple cart
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2015, 01:34:49 PM »
Fargo was brilliant. Will this be a re-broadcast as I don't think it was ever destined to have a follow-up?

On what channels are Marco Polo and Constantine? I have never seen any of them.

Our current favourites that are:
Homeland
Boardwalk Empire's final season
Stalker

Still have to watch recordings of the latest Blacklist, as well as The Last Ship, The Musketeers and Crossbones (John Malkovich)...?
Lend you my ears..?

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2015, 02:13:56 PM »
heres some screenshots of my current series recordings scheduled ..... im too lazy to type all of this out

Page 1

Page 2

im going to add the following series when they finally start/restart after production breaks

Transporter (season 2)
the listener (season 5)
Marvels Agent Carter
NCIS new Orleans

not listed are some of the other reality shows that i watch when i have the spare time like Pawn stars, Cajun Pawn stars and all the car shows and some of the cooking competition shows like masterchef and besides for these i either watch or have watched around 75% of the shows that scrarfussi has listed at sometime or the other ..... damn we watch a lot of TV  :roll:

Offline ingenieus

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2015, 02:48:26 PM »
I like The Walking Dead. Post apocalyptic dystopia stuff appeal to me, for some reason. There are some plot holes, but the way that the pain and suffering experienced by the main characters never lets up and keeps getting worse is morbidly fascinating.

Offline jvr

• AVForums Veteran
  • Upset the apple cart
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2015, 04:01:49 PM »
heres some screenshots of my current series recordings scheduled ..... im too lazy to type all of this out
You are only at 30%...! I battle to get- and keep my HD PVR under 80%. We are always very late with watching the shows. I am so much looking forward to all the Christmas ads over the next month or two... :Ooooooh:
Lend you my ears..?

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2015, 04:13:14 PM »
You are only at 30%...! I battle to get- and keep my HD PVR under 80%. We are always very late with watching the shows. I am so much looking forward to all the Christmas ads over the next month or two... :Ooooooh:

i try and watch whatever is recorded within a week - and most of the stuff thats still there is mostly top gear and fifth gear stuff that i intend to keep for a while

in terms of those Christmas ads ..... here is your solution  :tongue: push this button to the right when they are on

Offline Peter Carpenter

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2015, 05:20:35 PM »
Fargo will surely appear again JVR, this is DSTV. Catch Up is good, no adds!!!

Offline jvr

• AVForums Veteran
  • Upset the apple cart
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2015, 05:30:16 PM »
So noted Naughty... FF... That is what I do ;)

Peter, Catch Up is limited though in the time that you can... umm... catch up, not so? I think it is like 1 week only... We are months behind :-\
Lend you my ears..?

Offline Peter Carpenter

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2015, 05:39:56 PM »
There is so much, incredibly time consuming, Catching Up merely suggested for the square eyed complaining bout adds.

Offline senyetse

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2015, 07:36:37 AM »
I like The Walking Dead. Post apocalyptic dystopia stuff appeal to me, for some reason. There are some plot holes, but the way that the pain and suffering experienced by the main characters never lets up and keeps getting worse is morbidly fascinating.

Same here.  You can feel the suffering.

On a lighter note, I quite enjoy The Middle

Offline scrarfussi

• AVForums Veteran
  • Quantum In Me Fuit
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2015, 07:48:50 AM »
used too like the walking dead but got bored
suum cuique pulchrum est

"I refuse to prove that I exist,'" says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

Offline scrarfussi

• AVForums Veteran
  • Quantum In Me Fuit
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2015, 07:49:27 AM »
fargo is brilliant
suum cuique pulchrum est

Offline ingenieus

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2015, 07:22:48 PM »
Another good series is Person Of Interest. The plot revolves around a special forces guy and a computer geek who team up to solve crimes. The geek built this supercomputer surveillance system that looks for terrorist threats against the state but does discards data about ordinary crimes about to happen. Through a back door in the system they now get names of persons to watch. They don't even know if the person will be the victim or the perpetrator, but that is the part that they have to figure out.