Author Topic: You're never too old !  (Read 1937 times)

skinnyfat

• Trade Count: (0)

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
Re: You're never too old !
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 10:14:13 AM »
I read a story the other day of an oldish Australian dear that went and hunted down her granddaughters' rapists! After she finally tracked them down, she shot their manlihood off with a shotgun!! Thereafter she went to the cops to give herself up. Apparently they have no idea what to do with her, but the public is insisting on her being released and I think the cops would love to do that, but the law has to take its course.

The lesson here is, don't screw with grannies!!!
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline Ampdog

Re: You're never too old !
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 01:16:17 AM »
I am reminded of an episode several years ago in Krugersdorp. Everyone will realise at the end why it made the newspapers. It is a little off-beat, but I will clad it respectfully.

It was about an elderly lady in that region who fired her garden-help, who swore to get even with her. Rather nervous, she notified the police and took precautions with locks and placing a weapon by her bedside (cannot recall what form it was).

But despite all this she woke up one night a week or so later to find someone on top of her to her horror. It was the "help", saying: "Now I kill you!" She groped for the weapon but could not reach it, reached down the other side of the bed in reaction, and touched the - er - usual one-eared "utensil"  placed there in earlier times. Grabbing it, she swung with all her might, sending the assailant retreating with screams of anguish. You see - the "utensil" was not empty!

The fellow stormed out, the police came with a dog, and asked for a description. "Never mind" the smiling lady said, "your dog should not have too much difficulty in tracking him!"

And thus it was. He was caught a few blocks away, nobody had difficulty in identifying him, only later at the trial the "Honour" had great difficulty to suppress a smile.

And it reached the news media naturally.

Ya. Don't mess with elderly ladies. One way or another.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)