We went to an outdoor concert...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ingenieus

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
We decided to take in the Liggiefees at the Jakaranda Children's Home (East Lynne, Pretoria) tonight. They decorate the whole place with Christmas lights. The entrance fee is ridiculously cheap and there is a concert as well. While the Christmas lights is not really my thing, any live music brightens my day and off we went.

The opening act was a very nice lady named Chrizaan. Her version of the Suzy Quatro hit She's In Love With You wasn't to my taste, but her other numbers were nice. By the time she finished, the rain clouds were getting quite dark so the show skipped the thank-you-all-our-sponsors part and went straight to the laser show. The visual effects provided by the lasers was quite something, but the sound was even more impressive. We were sitting a good thirty meters from the stage. Even at that distance the bass was moving the earth. They must have been pumping ten or twenty kilowatts there. Maybe more, I have no idea. I thought about asking the sound guys afterwards, but then the concert was overtaken by events.

The heavens really opened up. A real Highveld cloudburst came down. Everybody scurried for cover. An umbrella was of no use in keeping dry. I was drenched from my chest on down. We manged to find shelter under a carport where we waited out the storm. The concert never restarted. It was a real pity.

We thought of going home, but everybody else had the same idea. An epic traffic jam formed. Just then the rain stopped. So we went back inside to get some koffie and pannekoek. While my clothes started drying out, my feet just stayed wet.

For those in Pretoria, I can recommend the outing. Entrance is only R20 and it goes to a very good cause. There are still three shows left. Hopefully they will be dry.

Check out the website here:

http://jakarandaliggiefees.co.za/

Latest posts