Enjoying the Music

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karabo C

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
A thought just occurred to me, stirred by Enigma_2k4?s earlier post on Sound and it's ability to make you feel euphoric

I find myself more and more concerned with how my system sounds these days rather than just sitting down and enjoying the music. It seems the more I am able to afford some of the stuff I read about in magazines when I was younger and the more my system gets complicated, the less I spend time actually enjoying music.

I remember years ago during my student days spending many hours (often into the wee hours of the morning) playing cds from start to finish and relishing the experience, especially when I was playing a newly purchased cd. This was on a cheap 100cd carousel Panasonic ?mini-hifi?. I remember thinking then how much better the experience would be on a better system.

I was shocked the other day as I was scrolling through my cd collection when I realised that I even have cds that I forgot I bought and haven?t listened to as yet. Something like that would have never happened to me years ago.

Has anyone had the same experience?