Help adjusting Gamma with Eye-One Display 2 and HCFR

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KenMasters

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I recently order an Eye-One Display 2 and finally got some time to mess around with it.

My TV's light output at 0 IRE is too low to get any readings and at 10 they're way off, 20's better but still varies too much to be trustworthy.

I've checked and tweaked my set's greyscale and colour (all under a Delta E of 3 except Magenta, who wants to be stubborn) but my gamma refuses to play along.

My curve begins with a 2.2 at 0 IRE but drops off the chart at 80 IRE with a smooth and steady slope (giving me and average of 1.5). Adjusting my set's Gamma boost just drops me lower and lower. I'm sure there's something off with the readings. Gamma at 0 gives me a ve

I can get a perfectly flat gamma of 2.22 by dropping my luminance levels (by as much as half) but then my white level is completely off.

Is the Eye-One not reporting the gamma correctly because it can't read my set's lower levels? Anyone had similar problems?

Latest posts