Author Topic: ES9018 software control DAC unit in two types of apperance  (Read 2074 times)

Offline HIFIWOW

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • HIFIWOW
ES9018 software control DAC unit in two types of apperance
« on: October 06, 2014, 09:46:38 AM »
  As ES9018 software control DAC has very good reputation on last group buy which organized by IVMAN,Here i would like to offer the ES9018 DAC for the same price to all buddies in forum.But this time there is one more choice with larger&beautiful alum. case,SO there are two versions for your consideration,Pls make the choice and let me know.

Type 1. In small alum. case which is exactly the same as last group buy.

Default setting
1) 4 layers PCB
2) Single 30VA R-core power transformer
3) Defaul OP amps: Four AD797 SOP to DIP , Two LME49710 in plastic package.(NE5534 OP is not recommend as its poor sound)
4) Regular RCA terminals
5) XMOS USB receiver

Price: $268 USD
Shipping cost by DHL express: $66 USD (shipping cost has slightly increased days ago as the logistic is getting busy)

Type 2. In large alum. case with 2 30VA R-core power transformers.

Default setting
1) 4 layers PCB
2) Two 30VA R-core power transformer,One 15V*2 for analog section and one 9V*2 for digital section.
3) Default OP amps: Four AD797 DIP with better performance, Two LME49710 in metal package.
4) Best RCA terminals made in China which is exact the same with two in right side as shown in photo.
5) XMOS USB receiver

Price: $315USD
Shipping cost: $89USD

===============================
About Shipping:
1)Normally the DAC can be shipped within 5 working days and it will take around 5 days to arrive.
2) The shipping cost is for reachable address only,For remote areas DHL will charge extra fees from sender, You could access the link to see if your address is remote area http://raslist.dhl.com/jsp/first.jsp, Or you could call local DHL to confirm.

About Payment
1) Paypal or Western Union only, Paypal is more safe for buyers.
2) Paypal invoice will be sent after buyer send Paypal address to me via Email or message on forum.
3) $10 USD partial refund for one day shipping delay in shipment,For example,The DAC  sent at 7th day after payment then you will get $20USD partial refund.

My Email: hifiwow@hotmail.com (Don't send your money to the account in Paypal,It is not an Paypal account)

« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:17:02 AM by HIFIWOW »

Offline Jozua

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: ES9018 software control DAC unit in two types of apperance
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:53:11 AM »
This looks very nice but I am wary that the unt will arrive and not everything will work !!
A real audiophile will eventually end up with the ARC Ref stuff..

Offline GECO

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 10:33:54 AM »
3) Default OP amps: Four AD797 DIP with better performance, Two LME49710 in metal package.

terrible choice of opamp. try and do something else here.
almost everyone changed over to OPA604. the AD797 sounds cold and lifeless and should only be used in power supplies.

but the rest of the package looks great.

Offline Bravick

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 11:17:15 AM »
Great advice that Rudi. AD797 also not for my ears. OPA604 is much more musical
I almost had a psychic girlfriend, but she left me before we met

Offline WD

• Formerly Waterhond
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »
This looks very nice but I am wary that the unt will arrive and not everything will work !!

It will work - he's indicated that he has sorted out component reliability problems.

My one of the initial batch is switched on 12 hours+ every day and it just works beautifully.

If you're worried you can always ask him to give it an extra day or two burn-in before shipping to make absolutely sure.