some local, not so lekker

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Swindlehurstguy

Ok, so after 4 years without a dedicated CD player, I finally took the plunge, naturally I was as excited as a teen blowing her first allowance. Yes, I have CD's but just felt that since it's been so long since I have been out buying new CD's I'd go and buy some. No longer able to frequent the virgin store on Times Square, we took a trip to that store starting with an M and ending with an A. Upon entering, I saw no dedicated "Alternative" section so asked the assistant where I might find their alternative stuff, " Alter native" she said with puzzled expression etched on her face. Noo, I say A-l-t-e-r-n-a-t-i-v-e, in that slow pronounced way we sometimes say things in the hope that suddenly they may make sense. Nope, they don't know what it is and therfore do not have it!
The next stop was Look and Listen, which proved to be more fruitful. Is it my imagination, but it seems that variety in this country is proving to be an issue. Hopefully in the very near future high quality downloads will be commonplace, and reasonably priced. No longer will we be subjected to music stores that only stock the likes of Juanita, Bobby and Smokie, but that there will be a place where every music taste will be caterred for...or am I dreaming of utopia.

Latest posts