Kirishima Horn Loudspeaker build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Curlycat

AVForums Grandmaster
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Finally I have started my build. I have very little DIY experience and my woodworking is not the best. This is my very first attempt at a complete build... so if I stop posting in this thread, please send alcohol, lots of it.  :whistler: The design I have chosen is the v2 Olson/Nagaoka Manifold Horn. http://p10hifi.net/FH/downloads/SpawnHorn-v2-planset-070412.pdf In particular, the Kirishima model for my Fostex FE206En full range driver. The Kirishima is a large double-mouthed rear-loaded horn enclosure. I am using 18mm commercial plywood. Wish me luck. Things always look easy on paper, or when someone else does it...

Below is what the design looks like

The cut pieces of wood. GEEZ, there's a lot!!!! There's more, it could not fit in my camera frame... and no, I did not cut it myself, I crooked, Davidsons boards did it for me.

Sorting the pieces, marking them and double cheking the sizes are correctly cut. Yeah, there's some errors. I will have to oil my Stanely plane... But all-in-all they did a nice job with the cutting.

The first glued joint. I can see this is going to be a very slow process. I am using Alcolin Fast Set wood glue that will hopefully speed up the drying time.