For the Jazz people of the Forum

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XL1000

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, so I'm not a know it all but this looked to be an interesting event and I think I will attend this year.

Two Grammy Award winning artists are part of the stellar line-up for the 2014 Standard Bank Joy of Jazz which sees the country's premiere jazz festival move to a new venue and a new date.

The new-look 2014 Standard Bank Joy of Jazz will take place this year, and for the next five years, at the Sandton Convention Centre and on a new date - from September 25 to 27.  The new move allows the festival to continue its spectacular growth and also means that, for the first time, audiences will be able to buy a full festival pass to the four main stages - Dinaledi, Conga, Diphala and Mbira - in line with jazz festivals around the globe.

Making their debut in the festival's new home will be two top flight Grammy award winning artists, one of whom walked away with a Grammy earlier this year. American jazz vocalist Gregory Porter - who has been called "the brilliant new voice of jazz" - won the Grammy Award for Best Jazz Vocal Album for his recording Liquid Spirit. He'll be joined at the new look festival by two time Grammy award winning trumpeter Roy Hargrove.

http://www.standardbankarts.co.za/joy-of-jazz-festival/about.aspx?gclid=CKHpu72Z98ACFU7MtAodxn0Aew&cid=WD_AO_SPONS_SA_261_NA_GIFANI_CR01_C281_NA_ctt3&s_kwcid=AL!119!3!48038222237!!www.gsmarena.com!d!!&ef_id=U8kRZAAABBThdesz:20140923110853:s

Latest posts