Amazing Service!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Akomeogi

AVForums Member
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I own an older model VA Exclame 80, which I bought from Schalk about two years ago. That purchase turned out to be an eye-opener in itself, insofar as the unexpectedly excellent service I got from Schalk - but that story is well recorded on this very forum....

Anyway, one recent morning I turned on my amplifier to hear the most horrible buzz emanating from the left channel. After doing the standard tests (switching speaker cables, complete disconnect from power, etc.), I sent Schalk an e-mail.

Schalk immediately offered up several options for repair and offered an opinion on the cause (this diagnosis turned out to be correct in the end - the man knows his own product...!). I opted to send my baby back to its creator and despatched it by courier from Durbanville to its birthplace in Pretoria.

When schalk saw what the courier cost amounted to for a private individual he sent me a message expressing his outrage and offered to send it back using the VA business account. To cut a long story short, not only did he replace the offending capacitor (which would have effected a full repair), but also the following:
* The matching cap on the other channel,
* The volume pot (Schalk checked it and was not happy with its performance),
* Replaced the valve with a new one and reset the bias,
* As well as a repair to a different power cap that had come loose from its fixture....

A few days later My Exclame arrived back in Durbanville, and when I tested it, it sounded like a completely different amplifier! I was amazed....

All of these repairs were done for free, as part if the excellent VA guarantee! Furthermore, although I asked repeatedly for the return courier costs and bank details, to reimburse the man (Schalk this offer still stands. by the way...), he has stubbornly ignored me.

All I can say is that Schalk richly deserves every ounce of loyalty that his exceptional service and excellent products earn! Thanks a million for another flawless service experience, Schalk! It is, bar none, absolutely the best I have ever seen....

Regards