Networked Blu Ray, AV Receiver or Dac/PC?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chunter

Reaction score
I have a Pioneer BD150 connected to my network, playing into a NAD750 amp (Analog connections only). Running J-River on PC. Sound is fine but it is driving me mad because it bombs every time I hit the return button. Tried a PC with DAC (HRT Microstreamer) directly into amp and PC connection to TV. Not comfortable with PC interface (can't see display unless close and mouse difficult to use on back of magazine while standing). I like the idea of a networked blue ray provided price is realistic (R5000 ballpark), it has analog out, can play off USB hard drive, sound is good and has good network facilities.
Second option is DAC to replace microstreamer (needs to go back to my desktop), some kind of remote control for the PC and a better screen interface.
Third option is networked AV receiver to replace NAD but then have difficulty streaming movies.
First question - what will give best sound - DAC/PC, Networked BluRay or Networked AV receiver
Second Question - what equipment/ software should I look at, I don't want to spend more than 10k

Latest posts