Author Topic: What was the last Film you watched?  (Read 25298 times)

Offline Drifter

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
Re: What was the last Film you watched?
« Reply #375 on: December 02, 2017, 09:14:08 PM »
Watched the new version of "IT". It drew a lot of different opinions when it it was released but I really liked it.

Offline mr green

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #376 on: December 06, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »
Watched the mountain between us very good.

Offline GvR

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #377 on: December 06, 2017, 11:33:39 PM »
Watched the new version of "IT". It drew a lot of different opinions when it it was released but I really liked it.

What you mean is , you watched the free version. :nono:

Offline Tom

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+59)
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2017, 12:34:40 AM »
Whiplash
Guy won an Oscar - Justified in my books. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: 8/10 thumbs up
Awesome feelgood movie.
Digital Media Conversions - Preserving Memories

Offline El Sid

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #379 on: December 07, 2017, 06:08:30 PM »
Fire in Babylon - on SABC2 last night, a documentary about the rise of West Indian cricket in the mid-late seventies through to their destruction of England in 1984 with the 'blackwash' series (5-0 in England).  Great to watch highlights and/or interviews with/of the mighty Sir Viv Richards, Gordon Greenwich, Sir Clive Lloyd, Colin Croft, Andy Roberts, Michael Holding, Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner, Larry Gomes, Desmond Haynes etc. etc.

Nice background music too with some quality reggae and dub (Max Romeo, Bob Marley, Scientist, The Upsetter, LKJ, Dennis Brown, Burning Spear) and some excellent interview snips with Bunny Wailer alongside the cricketers

Just looking at the 1984 team on paper makes you shiver - they were so so great......

Picking up stompies here, but I saw that too - fantastic! My favourite (if not the best) team in history

Offline JonnyP

• Gear Slut˛
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #380 on: December 07, 2017, 08:37:01 PM »
My favourite Windies team would be the early 90s with Lara, Curtley, and Courtney  (probably because I saw them at Edgbaston) but also because Lara is the best batsman I have ever watched (better than Tendulkar, Ponting and Sangakkara).  He could make a shot from any ball and make it look fluid and easy.  The ‘84 team was something special though.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline JonnyP

• Gear Slut˛
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #381 on: December 11, 2017, 08:11:19 PM »
The Birth of A Nation - DVD and well worth a watch, the slave rebellion in Virginia in 1831.  In the context of modern US politics it is compelling.
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline Katji

• AVForums Veteran
    • soundcloud
« Reply #382 on: December 11, 2017, 09:28:28 PM »
They're only just now waking up - to the reality.  ...................PS: :-s  'muricans waking up to the reality - well, sort of.

Offline Katji

• AVForums Veteran
    • soundcloud
« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2017, 09:42:45 PM »
KILL BILL.
 :D :P  Amazing.  ...Not that I have much idea of what he's thinking. (Quentin Tarantino.) Can't get over the spaghetti western music together with the Oriental martial arts context. Riding off into the sunset with spaghetti western music but with a samurai sword instead of revolvers. Then again, he always liked to include shotguns, it seems.  ...The shotgun with rock salt, amazing. :D

I even watched some of the episode last night for the second time, the following night. Because I hadn't seen the beginning the night before, was a while before I realised. (The night before, I'd come in at the point she is pulling herself out of the grave.)  (btw, Etv seems to be obsessed with grave/horror/vampire/spook movies.  And with Tom Cruise.)

Offline JonnyP

• Gear Slut˛
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #384 on: December 11, 2017, 10:49:21 PM »
The Anime section in Vol. 1 followed by the Bride versus the many sidekicks and finally the fight in the Snow Garden is my favourite part.  A fusion of Zaitochi, Lady Snowblood and Baby Cart (Lone Wolf and Cub) with some well made Anime gangsta stuff.  Love the rock salt and training to punch out the coffin.

Offline wimps

• AVForums Member
« Reply #385 on: December 12, 2017, 06:02:58 AM »
Watched Dunkirk over the weekend. Felt a bit like a documentary. Visuals excellent.

Offline 2wice

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #386 on: December 12, 2017, 08:31:39 AM »
Also Dunkirk,
Did not enjoy it, felt disjointed as if the set pieces were more important than the story.

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #387 on: December 12, 2017, 09:42:45 AM »
Certain Women. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4468634/

Complete & utter rubbish.

*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline BJ

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2017, 12:58:56 PM »
The Magnificent Seven(on DSTV).....good old Western.....Denzil Washington at his normal best.

Lekker Skop Skiet en Donner
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline jvr

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • It was 50 years ago...
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2017, 04:35:39 PM »
Recently watched Inception again when it was shown on the DSTV bucket list movies. I last saw it shortly after it was released and I must say, it really has not aged at all ;-) it is as fresh as it was back then. A really enjoyable movie.
Lend me your ears