Finally.. A decent Cinema Room - Acoustic treatment Starts

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewald

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have finally moved into my new place.. After a very very loooooong wait. My sound system was running very basic in my old rental..

One of the features of my new small house was the lay-out of the lounge.. It's small, but in my mind perfect for a cinema room.

It measures: 5.4 Meters long and 3.6Meters wide. It is seperate from the kithcen which I love (The open plan thing makes it difficult for room treatment) with an entrance into the lounge.

I have started my search on google for some ideas about the lay-out and what I weant to achieve. My thoughts thus far.. Not dedicated to cinema or music only. I dont want all chairs facing the same direction. Rather a lounge experiance with cinema and Music.

The first thing I want to do is treat the room.. After all accoustic treatment is done will I investigate some updgrades if required to my sound. I have not had acoustic treatment done before so are very excited about the outcome.

I was thinking of first installing a wall to wall carpet. I also love the idea of wall to wall curtains but are not sure about the affectiveness etc. Want to keep it cheap, basic and affective. Plus it must have the beauty factor. Boring panels against the walls.. I'd get my brother to paint something on it for me. Well, this is going to be a learning experience!

Latest posts