Author Topic: Members' Kit pics  (Read 1811193 times)

Offline xumbug

Re: Members' Kit pics
« Reply #7680 on: March 24, 2021, 09:08:55 PM »
No Problem Tonteldoos,

That is an old Audio Note 300B power amp with some really expensive EAT 300B power tubes. I was using this with great effect while my 610T were being re-valved.
You will not believe how well this drove my Speakers. Super impressed with this 8-10 watt amp. Some of the best midrange and highs i have heard!
SDA Acoustics loudspeakers, Audio Research Ref 3 Pre amp and Ref 210 power amps, Bel Canto VB3.5 Dac, Pathos Endorphin cd player, squeeze box touch.

Offline Phase

« Reply #7681 on: March 27, 2021, 10:36:17 PM »
Came back last night and had to go today to listen to Stu's all AR Reference System. How can so many values be so quiet? So SO GLORIOUS! Absolute authority with the midrange of flea powered valve amp, so evenly handed the perfect balance. The system is so good you simply cannot fault it from driver compliment, cabinet selection, crossovers to electronics, it's DIY at it's very best and something us mere mortals can only aspire to!...

Offline Phase

« Reply #7682 on: March 28, 2021, 01:12:57 AM »
To quantify Xumbug is not your average schooled DIYer, the man understands audio intensely, when Stu puts a system together it's on another level! Stu walks into your lounge and immediately points out your short comings in such a respectful way that you immediately make the essential changes and bam it comes together, strange really!

You pay attention to guys like that! My Bud thank you so much!

Way tooooo much water tonight, need to get back on the wine

Offline xumbug

« Reply #7683 on: March 28, 2021, 04:02:39 PM »
Ahh thanks Alan, its such a delight to have you over, could talk for hours and hours. What an audio journey it has been.

We will get you there mate and your journey is almost complete. I also went through a lot of designs and equipment before i found what i was looking for (sounds like a song i know) but in the end it will all be worth it. I must admit that i could have saved a lot of time and money if i had just gone after what i knew i wanted from the get go, but somehow along the way got side tracked and ended up with gear i was not entirely happy with. Hey that is part of the fun i suppose.

Come and try some of the my 15" Faital's just for comparison sake's, I think you will be pleasantly surprised :mates:     
SDA Acoustics loudspeakers, Audio Research Ref 3 Pre amp and Ref 210 power amps, Bel Canto VB3.5 Dac, Pathos Endorphin cd player, squeeze box touch.

Offline Regane

« Reply #7684 on: April 06, 2021, 04:17:32 PM »
Look what just came from Doornpoort. In the middle of load shedding as well

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk

that is very cool

Offline snotkop

« Reply #7685 on: April 13, 2021, 01:17:36 PM »

Also to Roland Vlok for doing a first class job in matching and balancing all 38 KT120'S. These amplifiers are sounding sublime :thumbs:

host my image

I have had some very special Amplifiers through my system, but i can tell you these are on another level!

WOW . . . that looks awesome, congrats :clap:

Offline Crashappy

« Reply #7686 on: April 21, 2021, 12:41:45 PM »
Unpacking:

Acoustic Reference X-Act Turntable fitted with Sumiko Amethyst MM cart

Monday morning a very well packed box got delivered.
Tuesday morning a young Mr Chris O' Linskey arrived in Cape Town.
Unpacking and installation of the SA borne and manufactured Turntable started.

We were later joined by another party in the form of forumit @BJ for some listening and then we went for some serious listening later...

Offline Phase

« Reply #7687 on: April 22, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
^^ WOW that it just BEAUTIFUL! :notworthy:

Offline andredt

« Reply #7688 on: April 23, 2021, 09:01:57 AM »
^^ WOW that it just BEAUTIFUL! :notworthy:
Three middle aged gents drinking wine?  :ROFLMAO:
For the love of music.
B&W Rotel Marantz Yamaha Micro Seiki

Online ALF

« Reply #7689 on: April 23, 2021, 09:35:50 AM »
Who is the middle aged gent on the for right hand side ?
"the fostex thang".....

Offline zer0

« Reply #7690 on: April 23, 2021, 09:58:21 AM »
Three middle aged gents drinking wine?  :ROFLMAO:
Middle aged or from the middle ages? ;D

Offline Crashappy

« Reply #7691 on: April 23, 2021, 10:02:48 AM »
Worknhard, play hard, we srill looking okay for our early 30's

Sent from my SM-A315F using Tapatalk

Offline Nirvana

« Reply #7692 on: April 23, 2021, 10:17:34 AM »
Who is the middle aged gent on the for right hand side ?

Hi Alf, that's Ben vd Merwe of Acoustic Arts (BJ on the forum) and behind him is Bertus, (Crashappy).
Both very much into vinyl (the round flat disc type  :giggle:), and Clearaudio in particular.  :thumbs:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline Henry

« Reply #7693 on: April 23, 2021, 02:00:07 PM »
That Acoustic Reference X-Act Turntable is above my paygrade by far. The Linn will have to do.

Offline Yossarian

« Reply #7694 on: April 23, 2021, 07:12:11 PM »
Just an update - a little bit of Schalks magic with a new stand and new speakers ( Dali Rubicon 6). I will say the speakers are magic but the black widow really makes them sing

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk