Author Topic: Speaker Kits  (Read 20334 times)

Offline Hennie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Speaker Kits
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2010, 03:41:38 PM »
Great stuff, Decibel, and congratulations. Now to get some presence in Gauteng, even if it's just a representative or a client where prospective buyers can audition.

Offline decibel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
  • Loudspeakers, Audio Furniture & Equipment
    • Decibel Audio
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2010, 05:59:41 PM »
Thank you guys!

I am also currently working on finishing the Cine Series Range, which will when complete consist of the following items:

- CF552-kit Floor Stander
- CC552-kit Center Channel (already available via the website)
- CM551-kit Stand mount / Bookshelf (coming soon)
- DIY speaker grills for all of the above
- DIY plinth with spikes for the floor stander
- DIY speaker stands (one and two column)

- Also considering a subwoofer kit to suit the range in the future, but will ultimately depend on the viability if importing parts for these.

Will post info on all of these as they become available.

Read the AVSA magazine review of the CF552-kit floor stander in the September 2010 issue. Please visit www.decibelaudio.co.za for more info.

Offline decibel

• AVForums Member
    • Decibel Audio
« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
I have just released the CM551 Bookshelf Speaker Kit. Check it out here: http://www.decibelaudio.co.za/CM551_kit.html
The combination of drivers in this kit is very good quality, and the kit is of great entry level value. The crossover has come together nicely, and I am rather pleased with the outcome of this bookshelf speaker.

The CC552 Center Channel Kit is also available now, and completes the Cine Series range. http://www.decibelaudio.co.za/CC552_kit.html

As said before, a subwoofer kit is being considered, but will depend on the demand for such a product. Any thoughts on this?
Read the AVSA magazine review of the CF552-kit floor stander in the September 2010 issue. Please visit www.decibelaudio.co.za for more info.

Offline Naix0naplane

• AVForums Member
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2010, 10:13:45 AM »
Very well done and good luck, while I'm here:

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 10:35:50 AM by Naix0naplane »

Offline Willi

• AVForums Veteran
    • Kangaroo Digital Graphic and Web Design
« Reply #64 on: December 29, 2010, 12:52:35 PM »
Well done on your venture, wishing you best of luck. I would add a "BUY NOW" button with a link to the page where you have them on offer on the Bid or Buy website, strike while the iron is hot and all that.

Also, I don't see any details on the power requirements for your speakers. It will be nice to know if they're power hungry or easy to drive.

Is there a third party review on your speakers?

Offline Juggy

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cape Town
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2011, 06:16:33 PM »
Is this still going? I'm interested in a floor standing dual or tripple driver assembly that I could put together as my first venture into "home made" audio.
| Lounge System | Samsung UA55F8000 | Onkyo TX-RZ1100 | Tannoy XT 8F | Tannoy XT C | Intel NUC |
| Braai System | Samsung UA40J5300 | Sansui AU-222 | Intel NUC | Paradigm Mini Monitor V2 |

Offline jeanrick

• AVForums Member
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2011, 09:21:13 PM »
I am also interested in a better quality kit (Your proposed "Grande" series might do it). I was thinking along the lines of a very good Seas Tweeter, Midrange and 10" woofer with well designed cross over. Seas H1209 woofer - R2 446, H1262 - R837 Midrange and H882 tweeter - R455. Your ideas on such a kit and pricing would be interesting. I think the crossover design is very important with such a kit.

Offline decibel

• AVForums Member
    • Decibel Audio
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2011, 12:41:46 AM »
Hi, I have not been on the forum for some time, so please forgive my late response to some of your posts.

After some consideration and feeling out of the local market for DIY speaker kits, it is evident that our market is somewhat small to provide a sustainable DIY speaker kit product line. For this reason I have decided to rather tackle different market segments and have pulled the kits from my product lineup for now.

There are numerous well documented DIY projects that will suit almost every need to be found on the web, and companies such as Madisound, to name but one, provide excellent kits that can be imported and built with relative ease and will provide results that will outperform higher priced finished products available commercially.

Decibel Audio is now more focussed on developing finished products that will be available at retailers. One such product is a new iPod wall mounted powered speaker available at Digicape in Tyger Valley. Follow this link to view: http://www.decibelaudio.co.za/soundframe_i2000m.html

The plan is to eventually also offer finished loudspeakers available for retail, so most of the kits that I have developed until now will hopefully be finding their way onto shop floors in the near future, with some new designs in development.

Offline MorneDJ

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2011, 10:10:14 AM »
Whoo Decibel. That really looks awesome. Brilliant idea, but how would that sound, with the TV right in front of it.

Looks very good though.

Regards
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, as you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup ...

Offline chipwelder

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2011, 02:52:53 PM »
The first post outside of Joke of the day, that I could spam friends and family wif.
OK! I've had it! I don't give anymore Kharma. Kharma should work in mysterious ways...

Offline ingenieus

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
The site in post 1 says:

Down for some maintenance. Please send an email to...

Is this venture still up and running?

Sorry to revive an old thread, but it is a sticky thread.  :whistler:

Offline Poepies87

• AVForums Member
  • From da East Rand
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2015, 04:29:26 PM »
So I guess this thread has died a horrible death? The website says forbidden when I try access it?
HP Proliant Micro server with HDMI
55" Hisense Vision Smart TV LED
Sony 6.2 with Velodyne 15"
USB to Fiber Optic for sound

Offline Rhino

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2015, 05:32:43 PM »
It is long ago that it stopped.
I think this needs to be locked.
Polk Audio Tsi500 - Fronts, Tsi200 - Bookshelf, Tsi100 - Front Height,  Cs10 - Centre, Integra DTR 50.5 AV Receiver,Sony BDP-S370 Blu-Ray, LG 3D Blu-Ray, Energy Veritas 10" Sub, Clavel 3 Way speaker