Something really weird going on - Who is Ellie Smit?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Using my newly found skill with blocked senders (thanks Andrew) I wanted to consign "Ellie Smit" and his unopened attachment received late this afternoon to the blocked sender's folder.

Each time I highlighted "Ellie Smit" and went to my blocked sender's folder, lo and behold I see [email protected]?? I did this a few times and each time see what I have just written.

I then went to "Properties" and had a look at the individual's email address. I noticed "Ellie Smit" has a spam flag and the email address is totally different from [email protected].

The mail had no subject or text - just the attachment which I will not open.

What's going on here? Anyone heard of "Ellie Smit"?

In the past, I have had spam emails with the sender masquerading under an Afrikaans or local English surname so I'm well aware of this ruse to get you to click their attachments. If I don't know the sender, I just delete but sometimes I check the email's source using Properties and invariably see the spam originates from ru or other dodgy places.

"Ellie Smit" purporting to be noreply is a new one on me.

I am not typing the email address seen in Properties. If a mod wants to see it, I will post it.

skollie