Music CD - Katie Melua - Piece by piece (Special edition)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

skinnyfat

After having only the 256kpbs m3 rip of this CD I always felt a bit cheated so this past weekend I decided to go shopping. Much to my delight, this CD was first on the rack in my music store of choice. Not fooled by the 'Special Boxed set' (a thin cardboard outer sleeve doesn't qualify as a box in my books :077: ) I checked out at the tills and was seemingly happy with my R160 purchase.

If you already own this CD you may want to start kicking yourself about now :banghead: . The CD has three bonus tracks, one of which is a cover of the Beatles' - Lucy in the sky with diamonds. However the party trick here is the included DVD housed behind the CD :clap:  :clap: . Not like your usual freebie DVD's which usually only include 2 or 3 promo videos and some cheesey interviews and gig pictures, on this DVD you do get the 3 Promo videos and the interviews BUT also 80 mins of live concert. :clap:  :clap:  :icon_grovel:  :icon_grovel:  this alone makes the R160 seem a steal. The quality of both discs is acceptable to good, bearing in mind that I'm using foobar and Senn HD202's so I cant really check the dynamic range but not too much perceptable compression.

If female vocal and a bit of jazz is your thing, or like me you're a fan this 'box set' is well worth the money.