The effects of moving on SQ

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphabet

R.I.P.
Reaction score
So we moved to a new place two weeks ago(well, it feels like we are still moving!)

Off course nothing is done in small measures, the day we moved we also got two puppies and a  miniature pot-belly pig! Just in case anyone is thinking about it, she is not to be eaten!

The move was relatively painless as far as moves go, but our furniture just disappeared into this place! Oh well, we will expand on that as funds become available LOL!

My much anticipated "sound room" has thus far not yielded the results that I expected, but made me realise that a bigger space does not necessarily mean better sound. The room is a loft room with lots of wood and a "hanging" wooden floor(not sure if thats the correct terminology - its wood planks on top of beams) Firstly isolation is almost impossible as I experienced last night when our three year old daughter was dancing to the tune of Infected Mushrooms. She stomped around the room until the CDP decided that it had enough and started skipping! The solution was easy, I changed the music and she lost interest LOL!

The second problem is with reflections. Thus far we have tried to curb it by strategically placed bankets and as such I have a Stormers and a Blue Bulls blanket next to each other. I figured that they can co-exist seeing that I am a WP fan and Christa is a Bulls supporter! I suppose a thick carpet covering the entire floor(5 x 5) may go a long way towards curbing first reflections.

Until last night I have been a bit disappointed by the bass response as the Curas up till now has had very good low frequency extention for such relatively small speakers. However after experimenting a bit with speaker placement the bass response appears to be close to what I was used to.

After bumping into Byrd a week ago at least I know that I am not alone with these "teething" problems as he had exactly the same complaints as I have - reflections, reflections, reflections.

I do suppose if I were to put furniture in the sound room, matters may improve drastically as well LOL!

Latest posts