Author Topic: tv series  (Read 94090 times)

Offline vleisman

Re: tv series
« Reply #840 on: July 30, 2018, 11:10:56 AM »
Good Girls on Netflix - not bad for some easy-watching entertainment

Offline BWS

« Reply #841 on: July 30, 2018, 12:54:39 PM »
Been watching Switched at Birth on Netflix. Pretty decent unique take on the concept.
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline BWS

« Reply #842 on: July 30, 2018, 01:01:48 PM »

also while CSI is about crime NCIS is just basically anti muslim American propaganda and while i watch it i dont really agree with the message it intends to convey (while im not muslim but i know many people who are muslim and they are not terrorists or extremists so this NCIS stuff really goes over the top IMHO) and personally i think that entertainment stuff should steer away from religion and ethnicity .... but thats just my opinion

Disagree, I've watched NCIS from the beginning and my experience is that there have been quite a few scenarios where the concept of Jewish/Muslim co operation have been touched on (think: Eli David and Kazmi meeting in secret to broker peace over a bottle of olives), specifically the impact the conflict has on ordinary people. The fact that they have story lines based on recent events in America doesn't necessarily make it propaganda. Even so, you think the TV shows made in some middle eastern countries aren't Anti-american?
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+24)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #843 on: July 30, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
I have to agree with Greg, I watched various NCIS series over the weekend, and not one of them referred to Muslims in any way. One of them had an El Qaidai (spelling?) reference, but that was topical at the time.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline msch997

« Reply #844 on: July 31, 2018, 01:13:55 AM »
The Deuce S01 very good, gritty.  Season 2 due September

Offline jvr

« Reply #845 on: August 02, 2018, 09:25:30 PM »
Don't count on me to give any heads up wrt to anything new as I am always month(s) behind. But fwiw, I just watched the 1st episode of The Handmaid's Tale Series 2 and just like the first series, its quite disturbing but brilliant ito cinematography and acting.
Lend me your ears

Offline jvr

« Reply #846 on: August 09, 2018, 06:09:55 PM »
Trust. Ep 1 was not very promising, but from Ep 2 it really starts to shape up.
Lend me your ears

Offline Strechedhz

« Reply #847 on: August 10, 2018, 11:57:25 AM »
Good Girls on Netflix - not bad for some easy-watching entertainment

Agreed it's a nice series. Also checked out 'the crossing' also good, story line is a combination of fringe a list.