One small hole in the flashing, one giant leap into chaos...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
This morning early, I went into the diningroom and noticed a small damp spot on the ceiling. Something made me go into the garage as part of the diningroom wall shares the cavity wall with the garage.

It was raining and water was streaming down the garage wall coming from a small hole in a valley flashing. There's steel racking the length of that wall which is used to store some old audio gears, some Quad stuff and vintage turntables and vinyl I don't keep in the house. The water ran straight onto the holiest of holies :eek:

Here you can see the mess it made. My 32-year old house has just been painted inside and out and is in very good condition. The little hole in the flashing was only 1cm long and looked like it was made by impact from a sharp knife or screwdriver. My 44-year old painter was too po*p bang to get up on the roof so I went up there to paint some capping, taking only a bit of paint and a brush. No knives or screwdrivers. And I noticed nothing wrong when I was up there on Friday. A real mystery.

mafioso

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0015.JPG
    IMG_0015.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0014.JPG