NAD 3020 Refurb/Upgrade

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moolz

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I recently acquired a silver NAD 3020 Series 20 from a good mate that had bought it to restore, but never got around to
After a proper clean, I powered it up and connected my Mission 771. I have read a few reviews on the 3020 but did not expect my Mission's to sound this good.

The amp is in average condition but I would like to have it 100%.
1. Amp cover needs to a respray (sandblasting/powder coating?)
2. Speaker terminals need replacing. I am hoping for an OEM plug, but proper banana plug connectors would be awesome.
3. Replacement buttons. I have three broken buttons and one button is missing completely. Not sure on what my chances are for finding these in silver?
4. Cap replacement. Even thought the amp is working, I would like to fit new caps. I need to find a list of all the caps in the amp and figure out what replacements are available.

Has anyone taken on a 3020 refurb? I would be very interested in hearing what was changed/lessons learnt etc.  Anyone with any spare parts for the 3020 - please let me know as well.

Some pics:
uta3e6a3.jpg

Broken terminals:
4e2amasy.jpg

Weird power cable fix:
nadu6a9u.jpg

Pet hair?
yjuravah.jpg

After a lot of compressor time:
upehuze5.jpg

I scrubbed the front plate - but still couldn't get it clean. Eventually I used some Mequires NXT metal polish which did the trick. The front plate is now looking brand new.

Latest posts