Moved from Android to iPhone

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PearlJam

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
It has been a month that I have had the iPhone and I think I can give a good impression of the switch.

I initially waited for the Galaxy S5, till they announced it.  The problem for me is the phone is getting too big for my needs as I have a tablet for reading, etc.  Next I stared at my phone to determine what do I really do with a cellphone...  It came down to normal phone use, calendar, internet, whatsapp and very important, taking pictures.  So I started checking what other Android phones are available with a smaller screen size, but nothing came to light that had a top spec processor, camera, etc.

The iPhone 5s remained...

So I did it.  At first I had a slight bit of buyers remorse.  But started to get the hang of it.  In the end I am fairly happy with the move.  The iPhone is def not intuitive enough that you can do it without a lot of googling.  And I am not totally new to IOS as I have had the iPad since the first version (on 3 now).

The good stuff:

It works nice and quick
Battery life is still great (for now)
The fingerprint thing is nice for security with the requirement lately for corporate email.  I actually took my email off my Galaxy S3 as I didn't want to type a passcode everytime.
Size

The bad stuff:

It is not very intuitive
You can't share a photo directly to Whatsapp (huge PITA)
It appears when the phone sleeps if the data is cut off from Whatsapp

I am still exploring the functionality.  Got a book that guides you through the iPhone on all aspects.  I am not halfway through yet.

Now I need to check my back every day to ensure I don't become an iSheep ;)