Author Topic: Group Buy - UMIK-1  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Atjan

Group Buy - UMIK-1
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:35:11 AM »
I'm looking to get a Umik-1 for myself. Mainly to do room acoustic measurement and a bit of speaker building on the side.

http://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

It is supposed to make the above rather straight forward because you only need the mic, a computer and REW software. Conventionally you need a mic, a mic preamp and then make that talk to REW.

The UMIK-1 is calibrated, which is another nice point.

It will not cover real professional work because of the size of the capsule but for the majority of amateur messing around its more than good enough.

Why GB? The shipping is slightly steep as a function of the total cost: Umik-1 is $75 and shipping is $40. But the shipping remains at that level for up to 10 units. Maybe more but didn't bother to look.

So, who would be in? I'd like to get mine asap, so if you're interested, please respond by Tuesday next week (1 April - no, its not a joke) and lets get the cash in and order by Friday. The rand/dollar is stuffed so waiting for that to do anything on this amount is money is not important enough for me to worry about.

So lets see how many more people want to get on the way to make a real difference in their sound.  ;)
It's only hifi people....

Offline vinyljan

Re: Group Buy - UMIK-1
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 04:50:15 PM »
Will let you know before 1April, might just be what I need for the next fase :thinking:. I seem to remember another product for sale on the forum about 2 months ago (seller said he had 2 for some reason)? I'm not knowledgeable about this type of product, anything else to compare it with?
In a maximum bank turn in a normal category airplane, like a typical Cessna, everything is fine until you turn across your own wake

Offline Atjan

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 04:28:16 PM »
This is the most user friendly calibrated mic that I know of. There might be others but I've not heard of them. To me it is very important that it should be easy to use. The last thing I want to do is to go into a whole technical thing about the mic. My interest is, for now, in the utility.

Offline vinyljan

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 10:42:50 PM »
Pm sent
In a maximum bank turn in a normal category airplane, like a typical Cessna, everything is fine until you turn across your own wake

Offline Atjan

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 07:55:24 AM »
I only received one response on this one.
If I missed someone, please let me know before 12:00 today after which we can lock the thread.

Offline Atjan

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2014, 11:45:01 PM »
Mods, please lock.