Sound & Vision 2006 report back

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber_MG

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now that most guys have finally gotten at least one good night's rest (excepting perhaps gav who'se got some Maestros to play around with) what were the impressions?

First off, some pics taken by the official photographer

http://www.soundandvision.co.za/live2.htm

Then comments:

I only had a few qucik listens at the stands, but some things stood out.

Best sound at show: Vivid Audio
Nuff said. Neutral and superbly detailed. The mega-buck stuff didn't really come close.

Worst sound:
Zingali (shouty and obviously far underpowered)
Spendor (dull)

The character of the show was wake up call with many stands manned by overzealous audio-phools (the kind of which who cannot set up audio gear properly but rave about the directionality of cable). All in all I believe the show was worth it for DIYers and if we can sort this out in more detail in the future we would give many retailers a real shock.

I also think that the next DIY Audio fest is due. Not quite anytime soon, but perhaps still this year.

Ribbon Dirk was present but I was so revolted that I preferred not to spew forth any hate. He will meet his maker one day, but that doesn't change the current state of affairs regarding the tweeter group buy.

Latest posts