Open Question to Vivid Audio - Giya

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santoshlv426

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've just read DS's comment's on the G4's in this months AVSA. The G1's, I understand retail for +$61,000 and the G4's expected to retail between $30-$40K.

How does a South African manufacturer produce (and I'm being serious, not facetious),  produce a speaker quite out of reach for many local audiophiles who would like a bite at international high end at local price's due to us having a local producer of international merit ?

The article mentioned that the price is subject to the X Rate - how so if it's made in Durban. Just what proportion of this speaker range is local and what international and does the imported components collective cost justify these selling prices ?

Are these speakers pegged and "pitched" at international high end price's and high end Japanese and American clients respectively ?

I can understand local's paying a parity price for a locally made Mercedes C Class, as Mercedes is a German company. However, in Frankfurt, Mercedes are cheap enough to be used as Taxi's (and they are).

Why can South African's never benefit from local manufacture (rhetorical question)

Any comments and views ?