Bose Disappointment

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorChipHazard

Reaction score
So I had a listen to a set of Bose Companion 5 computer speakers last night,and I wasn't expecting much as I'm not bowled over by anything Bose.My uncle was raving about these things based on what his friend(who's system we loaned to listen)told him about how awesome they sound. Sheesh we done a direct system comparison to a cheapie(vs the Bose) JBL Encounter.My word the JBL's imaged better,had awesome midrange,tight and controlled lower notes.The Bose midrange sounded as if the satellites were playing in a cardboard box.The sub,regardless of placement was very boomy and sloppy.The ambiance on the JBL's knocked these Bose for a six.At R5000 these Bose definitely scream out Buy Other Sound Equipment.The JBL's priced at a mere R1400 showed these Bose a clean pair of heals in performance.So to anyone looking at computer speakers,just do yourself a favour and avoid these Bose speakers.....
The disappointed look on my uncles face after all the ranting and raving though was worth more than the listen though ;D ;D

Latest posts