Audio and Video Talk > General Discussion

In the shade of my Stetson

<< < (2/132) > >>

Ingvar Ahlberg:
All Right!

We put our Sendra boots firmly down in the American soil, no Nashville listcountry, the real thing,
Merle Haggard, Serving 190 proof, MCA records 1979. most songs Hag´s own this record is
built on the spine of Country, Telecasters, Male sef-pity and alcohol-romantics, fabulous recording.
many of the Worlds best studio men and musicians dwell here.

Ingvar

Ingvar Ahlberg:
So, 3 centrigrades above zero, a strong western gale here in Kungsbacka, we stay in North America, we'll travel up to
Toronto thou, probably even lousier weather, may-june 1979. Bruce Cockburn records Dancing in the dragons jaw, soundwise
still a masterpiece but it is the Music that lasts, this guy has an attitude too, and a large heart, i like that.

Ingvar

Family_Dog:
Fairground Attraction - perfect received a lot of Airtime here as well! Have always liked this song and still remember buying it just after I heard it for the first time on my car radio at the time. Seems it topped #1 here in 1988 on the Springbok radio Hit Parade.

FAIRGROUND ATTRACTION (UK)
20 Aug 88 1   24 PERFECT (1) (80)
Total songs: 1 Total weeks: 24

http://www.rock.co.za/files/springbok_top_20_(F).html

-F_D

Tom:

--- Quote from: Ingvar Ahlberg on February 16, 2014, 08:22:12 PM --- Bruce Cockburn records Dancing in the dragons jaw, soundwise
still a masterpiece but it is the Music that lasts, this guy has an attitude too, and a large heart, i like that.

Ingvar

--- End quote ---

thank you for this one kind sir, Bruce Cockburn was not a muso that I was familiar with, but after a few youtube videos I must admit, nice clean sound and lots of attitude...
Going to enjoy this thread -  :2thumbs:
Kindest

Ingvar Ahlberg:
Good Music is universal!

So, bear with me now as i stray on an entirely different path.
The two (IMO) best concertos for viola and Orchestra, Mendelssohn only and Max Bruchs first,
on the same record, with the greatest viola player of all times, Yehudi Menuhin, recorded 1958.

This is not rock n roll but a large glass of cape red and this record works really ok,.

The incredible soundquality on this record might be due to the good microphones used, good
technicians or maybee just in the hands of the soloist.

Ingvar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version