Check my shortlist

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chipwelder

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK buying for the missus's Archos 405 30GB, 3.5mm minijack (they don't say anything re; outputs...) to listen to... audiobooks and some music, here's the gripe though, she has a keen set of ears - so great quality not needed, but non-annoying definitely... She doesn't like in ear canal phones, doesn't want big headphones, has to fold up and the normal earbud types don't fit her ears... they keep falling out.  ::) she's like weird OK...

She enjoyed Senn PX40's sound, but they don't fold up and got pretty much destroyed twixt laptop bag, short chord and labrador.
My shortlist is thus:
Senn PX 100 - I think these fit the budget, less would be better, but a bit more would be OK - Not too fond of open back as every one hears what you are hearing...
Senn PX 200 - I could stretch to these if they were really better, but some reviews suggest not... Are closed back and some say more comfy...
Senn MX 90 VC ST... as these are kept in place with the headband - she would consider them after a test drive...
KOSS Portapro Well I can get it here, and the way it folds up is not as nice as the sennheisers... or the Phillips... but is around R400
Phillips SHL 9500 folds flat, close backed, looks fine... if it is quality sound... also around R400

Phillips and Portapro looks like a bargain compared to senn's PX100 and 200 - no real store to get them from...

Anybody listened to any of these? and have an opinion on them also durability etc...