Author Topic: Vinyl Dealers List  (Read 41286 times)

Offline jatho

Re: Vinyl Dealers List
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2016, 01:34:01 PM »
Also used him a few times and it has always been a pleasant interaction with good service.

It seems a lot of vinyl sellers are visually grading which I kind of understand because if you're selling in volume it wouldn't be possible to listen to everything however this can lead to both disappointment and pleasantries, from my experience it would seem this method is used by Mr Vinyl but again as stated this seems to be the way the “industry” is now grading.

Offline CPlanAudio

Re: Vinyl Dealers List - Stockfisch Records
« Reply #106 on: August 06, 2018, 04:14:13 PM »

Offline Tommygun

« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2018, 08:27:48 AM »
I saw Roastin' Records was mentioned earlier but would like to add the website link too: http://roastinrecords.com/

It doesn't come cheap, but Wentzel has an interesting range and runs a tight shop!

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
Re: Cape Town Vinyl Faire - 2nd September 2018
« Reply #108 on: August 25, 2018, 09:00:55 AM »
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2018, 09:23:06 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with purchases of vinyl from takealot? I see they have a pretty basic selection but seem not too badly priced (mostly under R250, some over) a lot of parallel imports. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the records you have purchased from them if at all

Offline jatho

« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2018, 09:26:40 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with purchases of vinyl from takealot? I see they have a pretty basic selection but seem not too badly priced (mostly under R250, some over) a lot of parallel imports. Just wanted to see what you guys thought of the records you have purchased from them if at all

Bought from them once or twice cant fault them although they have no clue on how to pack vinyl...

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+86)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #111 on: September 19, 2018, 09:55:47 PM »
Bought from them once or twice cant fault them although they have no clue on how to pack vinyl...
:ROFLMAO: I received LPs from them crammed and bent into a square box way too small for an LP on more than once occasion.
I open the box while the courier is waiting, see the disaster and tell him to return it.
They would typically resend in a box big enough for a fridge without any packaging material inside. LP - squashed corners. Open, laugh, return.
Resend again; large box, full of packaging material and my order of LPs. Yeeiii. Great success.
Next order, repeat the same story again...  :ROFLMAO: :faint:
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline FranZAR

« Reply #112 on: September 19, 2018, 10:06:37 PM »
^ Similar experience. Had much better luck from Loot and Raru.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Exclame 150|Vivere|Whisper|Croak SL1200|Sonor Claro

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
Thanks, I just wanted to ascertain as someone potentially starting out listening to records what the quality was like where they all didn't cost over R500

Offline tradman

« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2018, 11:00:26 AM »
Hi
check out dixiekings on gumtree has a good selection of second hand records for sale. All at reasonable prices.

Tradman

Offline stereoholic

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2018, 03:41:48 PM »

I bought one from them and fetched it from the warehouse so no problems with packaging. lot of static on the record though which disappeared after a wash and vacuum.