Author Topic: SEAS Prestige 27TDFC (H1189) Textile Dome Tweeter from Madisound  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Abu

Lemme kick off this group buy sub-forum.

Seeing as I'm battling to get it locally, how about a group buy?

My calcs are shared on the dropbox link below and includes Unit Cost, Shipping (cheapest option) and VAT only.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ti7w6af65sty7si/Seas%2027TDFC%20Group%20Buy.xlsx

In a nutshell if we have 5 buyers each taking a pair, the cost is R 1371 (sans import duties and other costs that might apply). Maybe someone else in the know can help out here so there's no serious hidden costs down the road ?

Cheers!
Shaun
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:03:46 AM by Abu »

Offline JimGore

Re: SEAS Prestige 27TDFC (H1189) Textile Dome Tweeter from Madisound
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 11:55:45 AM »
Looking quickly at your calcs there are a couple of pointers I would like to make:

1.  You have not included customs duties (perhaps I didn't see it?).  The amount payable seems to depend on who they have working on the day and what his / her mood is like.  Safest is to work on 20%.  It's easier paying back a little bit of money than it is trying to collect that same amount from a bunch of people.

2.  I seriously do not recommend using postal service.  While this works well in the USA you will have huge issues here.  Rather pay the little bit more, and have FedEx deliver to your door.  They also then take care of all the clearance, etc.

3.  When using a courier service, they will change a disbursement fee and some other bits and pieces which are not included in your original shipping figure quoted by Madisound.

4.  When buying US$, you will not get the exchange rate.  There are some fees and things built in, so it's better to reduce the amount of US$ you get per rand by between 2 and 5%.

Good luck and enjoy!

Cheers,
Ian.

Offline Abu

Re: SEAS Prestige 27TDFC (H1189) Textile Dome Tweeter from Madisound
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 12:45:06 PM »
Thanks very much for the feedback Ian.

I'll make the changes over the weekend. I have had no fishies biting though so looks like it won't happen :(

Or not quickly at least