Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 276760 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #975 on: May 20, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »
 :ROFLMAO:
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #976 on: May 20, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »
In future I'll be tacking measurements ,Heart ones.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #977 on: May 20, 2016, 07:21:26 PM »
I wanted to join the clan but I had to collect rent from 24 of the 36 tenants living in the homes I own across the peninsula (not including my British country mansions I inherited from my coal mining magnate grandfather who rented an entire Concorde to cross the Atlantic in privacy once.....).....on my way to the meeting the fan belt snapped and I used my wife's stockings to manufacture one on sight using a solar powered torch I designed back when I was training to be a locksmith but ended up becoming a home security expert who just happened to travel to every country in the world whilst managing to hold down a job despite my daughter costing me a fortune with her own travels abroad and me having to spend months of my life fighting staff members at the CCMA because R60 a week in 2010 was below average wage, luckily I also make an income off farmers who purchase my "off the grid solar panels"....
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:31:13 PM by Kent Kassler »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
« Reply #978 on: May 20, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
As Kent's bodyguard,I was scared the crackle sticks would resinate and fire my ammo off.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #979 on: May 20, 2016, 10:02:44 PM »
We'll provide electric blankets and leg warmers for those who feel chill in winter.  A couple of drops of brandy in the coffee also warms the ears and helps to improve the sound.  Check in time at the OAP will be extended for those travelling past Plumstead
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - early notice of a speaker shootout
« Reply #980 on: May 21, 2016, 09:53:22 PM »
Early notice!  On Thursday 8th September the club will have another speaker shootout.  This is not necessarily to determine which speaker brought along provides the most pleasing reproduction of the evening, but to determine what differences there are in various models.

You can bring a regular set of speakers you bought off the shelf, ones you have modified in some way, and ones you have built yourself

:BANDW:

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
« Reply #981 on: May 22, 2016, 09:43:06 AM »
I will be selling earplugs at the door

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #982 on: May 22, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »
I have repaired my Vivids if people would like to hear them?....walk anywhere near the cones though and I slap hands with a stick!

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #983 on: May 22, 2016, 09:51:19 AM »
walk anywhere near the cones though and I slap hands with a stick!
a cracklestick?
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #984 on: May 22, 2016, 09:53:29 AM »
 :ROFLMAO:.....and I use my own amplifier!

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #985 on: May 22, 2016, 09:55:15 AM »
....and I hand select who can come.We need to raise the bar and get some performance out of a new breed of young stars.....out with the old and in with the new!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 10:02:41 AM by Kent Kassler »

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #986 on: May 22, 2016, 10:12:43 AM »
I have repaired my Vivids if people would like to hear them?....walk anywhere near the cones though and I slap hands with a stick!

Yes please.  Dean can bring the Bles Bridges LP along for the ultimate test

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #987 on: May 22, 2016, 10:25:05 AM »
He has "I am the eater and it causes wind" album

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
« Reply #988 on: May 22, 2016, 10:36:28 AM »
Crackle sticks need not apply

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #989 on: May 22, 2016, 01:01:45 PM »
KK, are the Vivids for sale?  If so, can I pay them off over 12 months, interest-free?