Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 276352 times)

Offline frikkie

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #915 on: April 22, 2016, 08:55:17 AM »
We'll talk about it on Saturday.  We will be very pleased if you can offer some suggestions.  Hot dogs are boring, a braai using wood is a big palava with the smoke and all, and a gas braai is difficult to move about on account of its size.  We did get a quote from a fellow who does braais but he wanted R85 per person which is too much.  If you have, or can borrow a gas braai and have a tank full of gas, we will certainly manage the cooking and distribution.  There are a fair number of drinks and beers left over from our last event

Boerewors on an electric frying pan works great, and it's very portable. Easy to set up, clean and pack up. Obviously electricity would be needed though.
Sometimes I drink a glass of water... Just to surprise my liver.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+134)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #916 on: April 22, 2016, 08:58:13 AM »
Ok, I have a fairly large one.  Didn't think of that, thanks.  If we cook in the hall, the smell of cooking wors will make many people want to eat one.
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #917 on: April 22, 2016, 08:59:19 AM »
you need to establish a food and beverage committee .. you need a poll to nominate and elect members to this committee .. you need the latest copy of Excell to list pros and cons of various foods as well as establishing a pricing model.. you need to apportion and advertising budget for the food service.
You need to hire 3 ladies with hairnets and no e coli to make the food , once agian a spreadsheet will come in handy to establish quantities
Thereafter a working committee has once again to be established to research pricing on the ingredients

After that , one needs a quantity surveyour to map out the plot the food stall is taking , and of course a qualified electrician and gas engineer needs to hook up the stall to a 17mw diesel generator.
An elected safety officer has to be on duty from 2 hours before and after the event

Or you could just approach the boy scouts to set up a food stall and run it....
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #918 on: April 22, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »
Thanks, will start the hiring procedure

These ladies sent their CV along and have volunteered their services (for cooking)

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #919 on: April 22, 2016, 02:52:18 PM »
I will be the tester
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #920 on: April 22, 2016, 03:19:20 PM »
Rodney....i'm sorry. ....a line must be drawn!It is one thing to ask for 3 ladies in hair nets but requesting that they spreadsheet as well is just not on!
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Peter Carpenter

« Reply #921 on: April 22, 2016, 04:17:42 PM »
Where have you been & what transpired in your interlude away from the forum that's made you so fussy?

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #922 on: April 23, 2016, 07:39:08 PM »
Thanks, will start the hiring procedure

These ladies sent their CV along and have volunteered their services (for cooking)

those racks are to small
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline Nirvana

« Reply #923 on: April 23, 2016, 08:52:12 PM »
But the buns look delicious...

And I LUV lean meat!  :drool:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #924 on: April 24, 2016, 02:01:38 PM »
Is going to be wors on a skottle, onion rings on the side, and any relish and nibbly bits to be provided by KK

Offline Peter Carpenter

« Reply #925 on: April 25, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
Tooo true Nirvana! Lean is so tasty.

Offline Kent Kassler

Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #927 on: April 27, 2016, 09:06:56 AM »
Karel Mars is bringing along some tube pre-amps, so the chance exists of quality sound so go along with the noise of chewing wors

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Two gems appearing at the Vinyl Faire on Sunday, 1st May
« Reply #928 on: April 28, 2016, 09:12:14 PM »
By special request, these two LPs are offered, both in pristine condition, and original

The Gunther Kallman Choir - Elizabeth Serenade has had an offer of R 150,00
The Bles Bridges - Laat my lewe, Laat my lifie has yet to receive any offers, but the seller is still hopeful and was thinking of a forumite who is known to be partial to Bles Bridges, South Africa's "Platinumplaat" singer.  He renders such hits as "Bloedrooi Rose" and "Ek sal by jou staan" plus other sentimental pieces

There are another 200 LPs of various semi-known and unknown musicians,
PLUS - Two boxes of individual 78 rpm records

Offline Jozua

« Reply #929 on: April 28, 2016, 11:43:50 PM »
Chrisc

If mint I will up the offer for The Gunther Kallman Choir - Elizabeth Serenade.

Just bring it along Sunday...

Thx

J
A real audiophile will eventually end up with the ARC Ref stuff..