Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 303928 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #825 on: March 04, 2016, 11:31:23 AM »
.....perhaps some thinking "outside of the box" is required....I suspect some swinging will occur at this event.....and not to the tune might i add...... :whistler:....a ram here and a rod there.....etcetera etcetera
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 11:33:33 AM by BK »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #826 on: March 04, 2016, 11:42:13 AM »
....Some say he uses a lampizator for bedside reading of Mills and Boon books because it adds ambience to rough love scenes......?
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #827 on: March 04, 2016, 02:11:52 PM »
Here here guys, no need to put the knife in.  RR should be able to determine who and who not he wants in his house.  No doubt there will be a bit of "marketing" but at R60k for a DAC, even on the most generous terms or a loan from BK, I don't think there will be many takers

We are trying hard to make the day a success, so if it does not suit you, or is not to your liking, just do not come.  I don't see the necessity of these negative comments, they serve no purpose

About 2 years ago, when we proposed the Vinyl Faires, it was said by those in the know that a VF would be glorified car boot sale with old crap records changing hands.  This has been disproved again and again, since the Vinyl Faires attract people who are looking specifically for LPs.  Last Sunday over 280 visitors came to the event and dealers did extremely well and cannot wait for the next one
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline pwatts

« Reply #828 on: March 04, 2016, 04:35:32 PM »
I think that's the problem Chris - 280 people cannot come to the meeting because they need to pass a pre-approved vetting process to get an invite first.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #829 on: March 04, 2016, 04:52:45 PM »
And if we cant afford it we probably wont be invited, will he be doing a credit check.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #830 on: March 04, 2016, 05:04:07 PM »
Who said anything about vetting?  If you want to come, send an email, you won't be refused.  So far 12 people have replied

We will take plenty of pics on the day
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #831 on: March 04, 2016, 05:43:13 PM »
.....like anodes in a vacuum tube.....so are the days of our lives....

Offline pwatts

« Reply #832 on: March 04, 2016, 05:47:49 PM »
Needing to ask for an invitation for admission = vetting. Anyhow, I have history with RR that I'd like to keep in history so all the best to those making the journey; I'm sure the technical aspect will be a blast.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
« Reply #833 on: March 04, 2016, 06:24:24 PM »
From what ive heard he is not very popular.
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline skollie

• R.I.P.
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth.
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #834 on: March 04, 2016, 07:04:52 PM »
Although I'm no longer a member of the CT Haai-Faai Sosaaietie, these posts remind me of group sex - aka a group slagging-off fest. I'm not a friend of RR although I've met him a few times and had lunch with him once,  I thought him to be a very decent fellow passionate about his profession and products.

skollie

If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #835 on: March 05, 2016, 08:38:26 AM »
Dean is jealous because he can't afford North Star and gets his sneakers at Ackermans.

Offline adie

Re: Vinyl Faire today 28th February
« Reply #836 on: March 05, 2016, 10:07:07 AM »
(Probably) thanks to Facebook, which gives a tremendous boost to Hi-Fi Club affairs, a mention on Fine Music Radio, both on the air and in the Cape Town events page and of course the club's own advertising, today's vinyl faire was by far the best attended.

Drop me a mail if you would like a comprehensive list of media to send info to before the next one.

Offline mastermamo

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • The Best Way Forward is dRaWkCaB
« Reply #837 on: March 05, 2016, 02:24:01 PM »

Is this the vintage retirement club  cant we get some decent music.
Geriatrics Rule lmao
The Best Way Forward is dRaWkCaB...

Offline mastermamo

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • The Best Way Forward is dRaWkCaB
The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #838 on: March 05, 2016, 02:25:30 PM »
they need to pass a pre-approved vetting process to get an invite first.
What's this pre-vetting entail ?
Anyone over 60 and owing a turntable?
Hmmm seems weird there's a vetting process for a recreational club
The Best Way Forward is dRaWkCaB...

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
« Reply #839 on: March 05, 2016, 03:05:09 PM »
Credit checks