Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 305489 times)

Offline alternativeroute

Re: Vinyl Faire today 28th February
« Reply #795 on: February 28, 2016, 04:08:47 PM »
...a mention on Fine Music Radio, both on the air and in the Cape Town events page...

hehe, I took the liberty of posting it on their site (with your email address  :EGrin: ). I missed the on air announcement through  :thinking:

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter:

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #796 on: February 28, 2016, 05:25:17 PM »
A fantastic day!We have to do this monthly.....this was the best one yet.....thanks to the club and it's members and a great deal of punting by JQ of course.....this gathering was a huge success.Loads of new faces and buyers and it's always great seeing the guys and gals.Anthony looked particularly splendid in blue to match the cooler box and the cadac 3kilo.I met his lovely and long suffering wife and have arranged to go through his belongings in the week.
Thanks gents.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline alternativeroute

« Reply #797 on: February 28, 2016, 06:02:59 PM »
^^^ Did you notice how the CTHFC exco were the biggest consumers of hotdogs! Even Jozua managed to slip in some un-fettled sausage... If Dean had arrived they would of made it through those extra 20 rolls!

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #798 on: February 28, 2016, 06:09:37 PM »
I spotted Jozua nibbling on a wiener in the corner.... can't say I recognised the chap though?.....I was too busy watching a group of newcomers.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #799 on: February 28, 2016, 06:11:04 PM »
Jozua came later than usual.....most committee members came hours before him.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #800 on: February 28, 2016, 06:15:34 PM »
I kept ducking and diving the treasurer Mr Chris (HD) Reddy when I saw him collecting funds.....every Vienna in the room was cupped in his gentle loving hands before it was swallowed.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #801 on: February 28, 2016, 06:23:17 PM »
Dean could not make it but I did purchase something for him that I know he loved when he was a young lad unsure of his orientation.....a true classic....."Ultracox -Vienna"....12" and single nogal!

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #802 on: February 28, 2016, 06:32:52 PM »
....just when I thought I'd seen it all,as i was leaving....the boss Superman,Mr Chris Clarke Kent handed me his prized "Dick Hyman Live at the Vienna Supperbowl".....what a day!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:44:35 PM by BK »

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
« Reply #803 on: February 28, 2016, 06:45:09 PM »
Its time there were some "cooks perks" for some of the CTHFC exco.  So today we helped ourselves to a couple of weiners, a beer or two and fhe odd coffee.  BK, there will always be a hot dog for you, we will even get some KFC if you start feeling faint. 
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #804 on: February 28, 2016, 06:50:34 PM »
I want to thank Chris and the rest of the village people for going out on a limb for me to make this day special....now if somebody could get me "Keith Jarrett Live at the Orangejuice Bowl" then I will be truly circumsubscribed.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 06:53:45 PM by BK »

Offline Katji

« Reply #805 on: February 28, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
 :thumbs:  Thanks for fotos, it's good to see it.

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #806 on: February 28, 2016, 09:14:02 PM »
Next one im braaing
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
Re: March meeting announcement
« Reply #807 on: March 02, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »
Please email Ramsey if you would like to attend.  If you have a DAC, you are welcome to bring it, but please let Ramsey know what it is

Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #808 on: March 02, 2016, 01:50:03 PM »
Def wont be attending
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline alternativeroute

« Reply #809 on: March 02, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »
Def wont be attending

Come on Dean. Ramsey also mods RC cars now!