Author Topic: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club  (Read 304718 times)

Offline Capetowntracks

Re: The Cape Town Hi-Fi Club
« Reply #555 on: May 16, 2015, 11:30:01 AM »
Anthony drives a Subaru and earns a whack but not one samoosa did he bring!....and he stole our parking!.....things were so much better when Joy was around.
Given that you and Dean were together, do I detect a suggestion that fowl play might have been involved?

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - we're getting better sound
« Reply #556 on: May 16, 2015, 01:46:06 PM »
Dean's new mascot 
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #557 on: May 16, 2015, 04:26:42 PM »
These comments ate rather fowl
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Upcoming Hi-Fi Club events
« Reply #558 on: May 31, 2015, 09:26:25 AM »
Sunday 7th June at the False Bay Rugby club - 10h00 to 13h00 - Our Vinyl Faire
Thursday 11th June - monthly meeting at the Wynberg Boys' School, at 20h00

Want to read the full newsletter? Click here - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By22-wi-jaVZM01mMkdFZmw3Q0U/view?usp=sharing

Offline Rodney_gold

« Reply #559 on: June 01, 2015, 04:37:53 PM »
who is presenting the puter audio lecture?
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch> Trinnov St2 >2x Devialet D premiers>  Vivid audio Giya G1 spirits ..fully treated room

Offline dean

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • cables make a difference
« Reply #560 on: June 01, 2015, 10:11:28 PM »
Rodney myself and andre will be visiting you that eve
Contact me for denon, monitor audio,klipsch, rotel,boston,velodyne,marantz,oppo,  B&W.any many more quality brands. We install home cinema , dstv and top line security systems.we now also do nad, mission and psb.yamaha,onkyo,integra,Cambridge audio.svs

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #561 on: June 04, 2015, 07:56:11 AM »
who is presenting the puter audio lecture?

I am.  There is a presentation naming and describing the various software programs available, some music in different formats, then a demo of using 8 different programs and their capabilities and shortcomings.  Your input, especially regarding JRiver, will be most welcome, given Serge and my own experiences with using it.  Everyone I have spoken to has found some useful aspect of it

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Vinyl Faire in Constantia this Sunday
« Reply #562 on: June 04, 2015, 08:00:57 AM »

7th June from 10h00 - False Bay Rugby Club, near Virgin Active, Constantia Main Road - all welcome - free entry

Offline chrisc

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #563 on: June 07, 2015, 04:26:08 PM »
A warm winter's day in Constantia.  Slightly less attendees than before - maybe we need a larger venue - we are working on, although the FBRC is "cosy" and you can get coffee and snacks there - I stayed for the buffet lunch for R155 a person and sat outside in the sunshine

Bottom row - Chris R and Leslie Martin haggle over the prices of his classical boxes
Anthony checking the prices
Jacques and Andre compare phone specs
Jacques "adjusting" the prices

Offline kamikazi

« Reply #564 on: June 07, 2015, 07:19:36 PM »
Well, was a lovely day to travel through to Cape Town. Apart from Google getting lost I enjoyed the location and the pub's food and beer looked first rate to me. Saw some nice vinyl I wanted to buy, but first need a decent turntable (apparently not a Rega though :giggle:)..
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 07:24:53 PM by kamikazi »

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #565 on: June 07, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »
Anthony looked particulary lovely in his blue jersey today.....i detected a hint of Hugo Boss wafting from his pristine wrists......i must admit to having been temporarily transfixed and adrift on the magnificence of his essence.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Capetowntracks

« Reply #566 on: June 08, 2015, 09:34:59 AM »
Anthony looked particulary lovely in his blue jersey today.....i detected a hint of Hugo Boss wafting from his pristine wrists......i must admit to having been temporarily transfixed and adrift on the magnificence of his essence.

It may look casually thrown together, but it takes a lot of care and effort to put together that image of devil-may-care man of the vinyl world - matey yet mysterious, with a subtle hint of the innocent first-timer to awaken the vendor's maternal instincts sufficiently in the hopes of scoring a small discount, or better.

By the way, I think it was Mrs CTT's perfume you were smelling, from when she removed the handcuffs.

Offline Kent Kassler

« Reply #567 on: June 08, 2015, 09:47:25 AM »
In the world of vinyl afficionados,"scoring small" is a given.....it was refreshing to see lots of newcomers circled around a Samantha Fox lp as well.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline achim

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Good brands in good hands
    • 13hof
« Reply #568 on: June 08, 2015, 12:02:38 PM »
@ Kamikaze....... so if not a rega...than at least a Well Tempered....or why not a Brinkmann  :D

Contact us to book a demo. - Twitter

Offline christowp

« Reply #569 on: June 08, 2015, 10:24:34 PM »
Being around vinyl seems to inspire and create really good banter - some good texts there in that dialogue above, awash with some serious figures of speech. I say if the dealers sell a few records, we chat and have a few ales and this comes as a spinoff lets keep going. I am quite happy with the venue, for the record (sorry unintended).   

Thanks for a good morning to all who played a role in getting it together and for the conversations and interactions. Thanks to The Bay Sports Bar as well for doing their bit